Cd Will Not Play On Home Cd Player

Recently, new discs I make will not play in a player that previously played them fine. The player gives an error that the disc has not been closed. Other discs I have made will still play, it is only the recent ones that won't. What could be wrong? I have tried to manually finalize the disc (the program is supposed to close the disc automatically) but that did not help.... The freaky thing is they will play on all my other players, like my car and multi disc player. If my player didn't play previously created discs, made with the same program, then I would be looking at the player. Any suggestions :blink:

Is it possible that your Player has reached its' end of life?

A laser is like a light bulb, it dims and fails in time.

Creator Classic in this version does have the option of not finalizing, but you did not say what program in the suite you were using nor what type of project you are burning…

The fact that they work indicates there is nothing wrong with the software or burner… There is no 'make better' setting.

You could try another media, cheap stuff will fail just sitting on the shelf! Verbatim is brand of known quality.

Again, this still goes back to the Player, it may be the lowest common denominator of your Players.

Archived