Toast V7.x And Lightscribe

lyman_deliguori

Question

6 answers to this question

if you get a LaCie burner that has LightScribe, it comes with software to do the layout and writing to the disc - so you have all you need there. there's also a LaCie drive that comes with the full version of Toast 7 Titanium.

This is perplexing. I would have thought that Toast would be the first Mac-based disc burning product to include Lightscribe, especially considering that Roxio's disc burning products for the PC all include Lightscribe. Are there any plans to add Lightscribe to Toast? If so, when can we expect it? The reason that I ask is that I prefer not to be tied down to one hardware vendor (LaCie) for CD/DVD burners, and I need a good reason to upgrade my version of Toast.

It doesn't really make sense for Toast to have LightScribe since it is for burning, not a labeling program. I suggest using some like this for LightScribe.

http://www.smileonmymac.com/disclabel/

I disagree. Making a label is a natural part of the CD creation process, and for a method such as lightscribe where the burner is used to make the label, it makes perfect sense to me to be able to create the label from within Toast. Roxio includes lightscribe capability in their PC equivalent of Toast, so they apparently also think its a good idea to include lightscribe with burning software, but some reason, they haven't included it in Toast yet.

Roxio's Mac products have always been completely different and distinct from their PC products. To try to compare them is, to borrow a really played out term, like comparing apples to oranges.

Toast has never been a lable making program. Roxio knows this and actually bundles a 3rd party lable making application with Toast. I dont think you will ever see lable functionality built into Toast IMHO.

Archived