• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Where's The Custom Menu Background?

puppetmaster

Question

Just bought Toast9 and updated it. I'm making a video DVD with one QT file. I would like it to start with a menu with only one button - Play Movie. I don't like any of the cheesy backgrounds so I thought I would use one of my own images, with a customized button, similar to what's done in iDVD. According to the Toast9 User guide, I should have this option under the Menu tab, right after Text Color ("Custom menu Background") but I don't.

Why is it missing?

13 answers to this question

But you know, upon further review, even if works, I still have this big honkin' button in the middle of my image. Kinda sucks.

Indeed, the buttons are kind of honkin' big. If you want to go a bit nuts and spend a lot of time, you could try modifying the templates Toast uses to create the backgrounds. They are layered .psd files you can find inside the Toast app package. The HD backgrounds (if you have the HD/BD plugin) are in the Roxio folder which lives inside your /Library folder.

I haven't tried this myself, but it seems like it would work, as the layers are named pretty self-explanatorily, so you could just create your own little less-intrusive button for when there's only one button to display.

Good luck.

In my world, that's false advertising. Sounds like they're holding back a feature so they can sell us Toast 10. ..

Well not necessarily a false adv since it is a user guide which is normally printed way ahead of time to meet distribution channels. In real world, I have seen such software changes/function drops occuring from companies like Apple, Microsoft etc due to reasons. In all honesty, if you look at how Toast started and what you can do now with it, outweighs minor shortages. But it just your call. Good luck )

Please explain, gaper1. I tried to drag a jpeg image to the background square and it didn't work. This feature was included in the very first iDVD about 200 years ago, why can't Roxio do it?

Don't think it's a Roxio/Toast problem.

picture6wc5.th.png

picture7wx0.th.png

Also, since iDVD can do what you want, it's probably easier for you to create a project in iDVD.

Hey, that's great. Wish I could do that. I'm on the phone with tech support. What format was the photo that you used? Size?

Let me ask this, what type of image file are you trying to use? I used a standard jpg. Also can you lay me down step by step that you doing?

Archived