Access Denied -10000

ProD

Question

I had HD Pro V6 on an XP based PC and everything worked well. The method of working and range of options met all my needs SD and HD.

I decided to go for a faster PC and bought a an Intel quadcore with Vista HP as the operating system. Superbly fast, but V6 had problems. The program stopped at various stages with the error message "Access Denied -10000". These issues in particular arose for Simulation of a Moving Menu and when attempting to write a DL volume or Disc. I sought support from Roxio - no real help was forthcoming. I concluded the problems were down to V6 not being built for Vista. I was delighted when "Vista Compatable" V6.4 became available, but I was so disappointed when it failed just like V6. No real help forthcoming from Roxio, so does anyone out there know how to deal with this problem (or these problems).

For your info I have excluded this program from Vista's user account controls and have run the program as an "Administrator" and the problems persist, :angry: and Windows Help just didn't Help me.

9 answers to this question

I had HD Pro V6 on an XP based PC and everything worked well. The method of working and range of options met all my needs SD and HD.

I decided to go for a faster PC and bought a an Intel quadcore with Vista HP as the operating system. Superbly fast, but V6 had problems. The program stopped at various stages with the error message "Access Denied -10000". These issues in particular arose for Simulation of a Moving Menu and when attempting to write a DL volume or Disc. I sought support from Roxio - no real help was forthcoming. I concluded the problems were down to V6 not being built for Vista. I was delighted when "Vista Compatable" V6.4 became available, but I was so disappointed when it failed just like V6. No real help forthcoming from Roxio, so does anyone out there know how to deal with this problem (or these problems).

For your info I have excluded this program from Vista's user account controls and have run the program as an "Administrator" and the problems persist, :angry: and Windows Help just didn't Help me.

this is not a "general" issue we are seeing on vista. what is in your project? break it down. when does this occur? if it is just a timeline, do you have the problem? add a menu. do you have the problem now?

also, very important, what is your computer setup? assets on external drives? did you install on the c: drive? do you have read/write permissions in all of the places that might be encountering the issue?

Just a movie (already right size for video to "pass through") - no menu at all - single layer DVD - no problems.

Still Menu with a movie (already right size for video to "pass through") - single layer DVD - no problems.

Anything else ................"Access Denied -10000" There are also Run.dll messages, which I kill-off with "Cancel".

I am convinced that the software is not fully Vista compatible and Vista stops the program doing things that Vista, or a component such as Windows Defender, is told not to permit. I have switched off User Account Control Completely and run the program with an Administrator Token, all to no avail. Running the program as compatible with XP Service Pack 2 makes no difference.

It is not the source material. I can produce DVDs with all the bells and whistles, with the same materials using my old XP based PC with version 6, but it is so slow compared to my quadcore PC.

I also have Media Creator 10. The version of MyDVD in that seems to work problem free in a Vista environment, but that $*%@ program re-encodes all the movies and the quality is dreadful compared to my source material. If Roxio can get MYDVD to work with Vista, why not DVDit! HD Pro? When Sonic was Sonic whatever I bought worked hassle free!

ok, so as an experiment I just created a short DVD project with 1 timeline (AVI), 1 motion main menu (1920x1080 MPEG transcoded in DVDit to 720x480 for DVD output) and 2 chapter menus each with 4 motion thumbs from the timeline (one a still background from the images included with the program, and one a template from the program). DVDit Pro HD is installed on my C: drive. All assets were from my G: drive. I am using using a Vista Ultimate dual core machine (not SP1), I am administrator and UAC is on. My DVD volume was created with no problems.

I have been using DVDitPro HD with Windows vista for several months.

Most of the trouble I had was video files that DVDitProHD did not like.

I suggest you start a new project and add one movie at a time into the project. Check to see if everything works at that point.

I have compiled a document in Word, which includes screen captures of Windows Task Manager tabs and of System Information at Summary and selected lower levels, so that you may see what my System is about and what is running that might conflict with HDPro. When I paste this in this input field, the screen captures are not visible. Is there some way to attach/deliver this information?

A typical example of what happens. I have 4 x 1/2 hour episodes of a TV series. If I add one of these to a project and make it the first play (and only play) then I can make a DVD volume on my hard drive and after testing it burn onto a DVD. I make the title sequence from one episode into a short moving menu. I import this first and add this to the Menu as first play - ok. I import and add each of the 4 episodes to the titles - ok. I type in each of the 4 episode titles as menu buttons and link the respective title to its button - ok. I mark chapters in each episode - ok. In Project Settings I pick Dolby Digital 384kbps and apply. I change some of the button colour settings - ok. For each title I select "Return To Menu" as the end action. I change some of the button routings, unticking "Wrap Routings" and change some of the selections for the directional buttons to suit the location of the text buttons on the Menu and the correct order to watch the episodes in sequence.

(1) I select "Simulation", then order render of the moving menu. The menu is rendered then the message appears "Access Denied -10000"

(2) I select "Make Volume" and then select dual layer media. The program transcodes the audio for the menu and builds the menu - ok. It then transcodes the Audio for each episode ok. The progress dialogue box shows "Analyzing Project..." and at this stage seems to start that process, but "dong" the message appears "Access Denied -10000".

I have set HDPro to always run with an Administrator's token and have switched off User Account Control completely, but the program still fails as described. For me this is always the case for projects with a moving menu and a number of titles.

I see from the forums that I am not alone in these experiences! Which brings me back to the document I have compiled - maybe this information will help identification of what is stuffing-up the program.

I had a similar error and realized that if you had an Explorer window open to the folder you were working in, the program would generate an error. I closed the open window and it immediately began to work properly. Weird.

Archived