MCI problem

chauncey

How do I fix the MCI Sound driver error on a XP machine? I just installed Creator Classic on my XP PC and got this error: "Cannnot create Audio or Mixed-mode discs or work with audio files since the Windows MCI Sound Driver is not loaded. Please install the driver via the Windows Control Panel." What can I do to fix it?

I have a Pioneer DVR-112D writer and installed Creator Classic from EZ CD&DVD 6. The PC runs XP Home Edition. Let me know if you need more info to help!!!

Thanks!

I understand that I posted to an old thread. However, opening a new thread on a topic that has been previously discussed did not seem appropriate.

Anyway, the steps outlined in this thread do not apply to a XP OS. So, if someone would be kind enough to walk me through the steps in XP I'd appreciate it!

Totally appropriate to start a new thread, especially as the fault is not the same as yours (different OS) - so please open a new thread

In the interim, go to control panel, system, device manager and uninstall the existing drivers - then use the latest ones from the maker's website and re-install

Archived