• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Newbie Help,please

ladyhrvy

Question

I have many small videos which are labeled mpeg-4 files which I have watched on the computer but some will not record as video ........ only audio. How can I tell the difference before I burn to a disk when they are labeled the same?

Thanks.

Marie

4 answers to this question

If the video play with QuickTime Player it should work fine with Toast. When you refer to burning a disk I assume you are trying to burn them as a video DVD for playback on a DVD player. In that case choose Save as Disc Image (File menu) instead of clicking the burn button. When that is done select the resulting .toast file using the Image File setting in the Copy window. This will mount the disc image and should automatically launch DVD Player where you can preview the un-burned DVD. If you like what you see click the burn button in the Copy window. If you don't like it, go back to the Video window and make needed changes.

You assume correctly and I will try that ASAP. However, I don't see a "Burn" option under "copy" -- maybe I will when I try this again. Many thanks!

Marie

You assume correctly and I will try that ASAP. However, I don't see a "Burn" option under "copy" -- maybe I will when I try this again. Many thanks!

Marie

When you are in the Copy window clicking the big button initiates the disc burn just as it does in the other windows.

If the video play with QuickTime Player it should work fine with Toast. When you refer to burning a disk I assume you are trying to burn them as a video DVD for playback on a DVD player. In that case choose Save as Disc Image (File menu) instead of clicking the burn button. When that is done select the resulting .toast file using the Image File setting in the Copy window. This will mount the disc image and should automatically launch DVD Player where you can preview the un-burned DVD. If you like what you see click the burn button in the Copy window. If you don't like it, go back to the Video window and make needed changes.

I was just reading your reply and found it to be a very helpful suggestion for myself as well. I've already wasted a number of blank DVDs just to find out that the video DVD didn't playback as I was hoping. I'm off to try your method of saving it as a Disc Image first, to preview before burning. Thanks a million for this info!

Archived