• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Clean Install/updating Tool

xtrail

Question

;) I have gone to hell and back for not listening or reading what the guys at Roxio tells you to do and even in this forum. I am posting this to assist especially the newcomers, yeah and maybe some of the older ones as well. THE GOLDEN RULE TO MAKE ROXIO 10 WORK IS TO NOT DO INSTALLATIONS OR UPGRADES ETC OVER AN EXISTING INSTALLATION AS IT WILL ONLY GIVE YOU PROBLEMS AND HEARTACHE. You have to do a clean uninstall first !!! I have found this piece of freeware called "revo uninstaller" that will assist you in uninstalling your older versions and at the same time do a proper clean up as prescribed. You have options in the program from "built-in uninstall, safe, moderate and advanced" to do the uninstallation. I just did an uninstall after doing an upgrade that did not work correctly and used this tool to do the uninstall. It works like a charm trust me!!. Revo uninstaller is free and can be found here: http://www.revouninstaller.com/ You have an option to buy a full version but the free version works fine trust me I have been using it for quite some time. By the way I use the moderate or advanced setting to make sure it gets hold of all the files and left behind stuff. It is safe to use and quite simple and straightforward.

When you open this software you will look for all icons starting with "ROXIO" and simply undelete it that is how simple it is. I recommend you also pick the option at the top 2nd left icon called "TOOLS" and use it to make sure that any leftover junk etc is removed from your system, although there normally wont be any stuff related to Roxio in there. Although you are not prompted to restart I recommend you restart to make sure everything is cleaned out and you have a fresh start-up.

4 answers to this question

I do agree with your sentiment and I assure you I do not install freeware at random. But yes as you say it might work or it might not. I utilise this software purely from the point where it is doing what one expects it to do and that is assisting with clean uninstalls etc. It is also a little bit easier to work with especially for novices who are scared of damaging the registry etc.

It seems others have had good luck with the Revo uninstaller application also. Two gurus, "sknis" in this post and "tbrewst" in this post, have also suggested its use. A third guru, "gi7omy", also provide a link for downloading it in this post.

Might have to give it a try as I dislike all the garbage normal uninstalls leaves behind.

I look at it this way… I have 4 PCs that have been running trouble free since they were purchased. That varies from 1997 to 2003 or 5 to 11 years…

I feel that one reason they run without a glitch is that I do not install every pretty piece of freeware that comes down the pike!

The Clean Install procedures, Here, are also free and have actually been tested by Roxio and found to work.

Or you can go with the unknown and roll the dice… May work may not???

I do agree with your sentiment and I assure you I do not install freeware at random. But yes as you say it might work or it might not. I utilise this software purely from the point where it is doing what one expects it to do and that is assisting with clean uninstalls etc. It is also a little bit easier to work with especially for novices who are scared of damaging the registry etc.

Archived