New Iphone 3g Will Not Recognize Movie Format

bankman007

Question

Hi Guys.. Complete Newbie here so be gentel.. I purchased Toast 9 and converted 1 movie directly to Itunes (7.7). When i hook up my Iphone 3 g to sync, I get the following message : Unable to export movie to your Phone because Iphone does not recognize format. When I click the properties of my TV show in ITUNES: its an MPEG 4 - video codec h.264. 640x480.. I am at a complete loss... HELP :angry2:

5 answers to this question

I'm having the same problem too.

It's rather frustrating since this feature is what sold me on Toast 9.

I think I figured it out.. I told Toast 9 to export my movie to iTunes folder "TV movies". from there, right click your mouse on the movie and a window appears .. choose : Prepare movie for Ipod (or something like that) then Itunes does another conversion (that takes forever) the final movie that can be exported to your Iphone appears in MOVIES in Itunes..

I did that and it worked.. but then this morning when I went to sync two other movies I converted to my Iphone, I got the same message as the first time, and the movie I had successfully synced to my Iphone has DISAPPEARED!!!

So now I starting all over again.. Im going to check out some Iphone forums to see if anyone can help me out..

I'm having the same problem too.

It's rather frustrating since this feature is what sold me on Toast 9.

I don't have the iPhone so I can't check this. Presumably someone at Roxio has first-hand experience and will join this thread soon.

In the meantime, there also is a problem when trying to export to MPEG 4 for use in the new iMovie. The problem is that Toast includes a "text track" in the exported video. I'm able to remove this in QuickTime Pro by choosing Movie Properties, scrolling to select the text track, deleting that track and saving as a reference movie. iMovie then accepts the video for import.

The same happens if I use the Turbo.264 with Toast. However, when using the conversion software bundled with the Turbo.264 there is no text track, so this is a Toast issue.

I'm wondering if this same issue is happening in your case.

It looks like this isn't an issue with the iPod Touch, just the iPhone.

I got the error message with one show when I tried to transfer it to my Touch, but the episode still transferred. The second show I tried to move to the Touch didn't error and successfully transferred.

Weird.

Archived