Easy Audio Capture

Keicards

Question

The dialog box in Easy Audio Capture does not show my sound card (integrated sound) so I cannot capture audio from a file that is playing from my hard drive. The Capture dropdown is blank.

The sound I want to capture is on a mov file, amateur production, audio only so no DRM. I think the card is Realtek HD, that is how it is shown in Device Manager.

How do I get the sound card to display, please. My searches of FAQs, Roxanne and the Help files didn't turn up anything - the Help button on the easy Audio Capture dialog box doesn't do anything.

2 answers to this question

The dialog box in Easy Audio Capture does not show my sound card (integrated sound) so I cannot capture audio from a file that is playing from my hard drive. The Capture dropdown is blank.

The sound I want to capture is on a mov file, amateur production, audio only so no DRM. I think the card is Realtek HD, that is how it is shown in Device Manager.

How do I get the sound card to display, please. My searches of FAQs, Roxanne and the Help files didn't turn up anything - the Help button on the easy Audio Capture dialog box doesn't do anything.

Where did you get the original mov file? I ask because there are several audio formats that can be inside a mov file; one plays normal, one does not play with EMC 9 and one gives nothing but loud static.

Do you have the latest version of Quicktime on your computer (for the codecs)?

Do you have the Deluxe version of EMC 9 that has Sound Soap included? You may be able to add that video to Sound Soap and then convert the audio stream to a wav file (save as wav rather than a video file). It will be a separate file that you can play with. I thried that and it works with a regular audio card.

Archived