• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Who Wants Their Money Back?

boygeorge

Question

I have used Sony Vegas, Pinnacle, Adobe with absolute outrageous success! So IT IS NOT MY SETTINGS, IT IS NOT MY COMPUTER. Despite many webtickets, emails and the online assistant this program does not work properly. In all my years of computing about 25 this is possibly the absolute worst programing that I have ever come across.

I purchased the program at a walk-in store who wont refund due to open product policies. I have already sent an email to Roxio demanding my money back. Starting Monday morning (my day off) I will be emailing them every 10 minitues on the tens until they agree to give me a refund. I have never felt so screwed in my life and I have nothing but too much time on my hands!

Who else wants their money back?

I have used these programs after purchasing the Roxio Software, again I'd like to add with OUTRAGEOUS SUCCESS!! I believe I contributed a heck of a lot to this forum by warning people about this software and displaying alternatives, maybe you missed that part. Frank, read my OP again it was only a few sentences, read slower if you have to or even 2, 3, 4 times. Like this maybe you can at least try to grasp it all <_<

I have been using EMC 10 with "OUTRAGEOUS SUCCESS!!" and I certainly don't want my money back.

I would think that something is screwed up in your system that is causing all you problems.

According to you statistics you only joined today and have only 3 posts, so I don't see how you have contributed anything to this forum.

You have not stated what video card you are using.

All my Nvidia drivers were always installed correctly. My machine is perfect in every sense of the word. Roxio used that as an excuse and sent me on a hunt for drivers that didn't exist. I have the upmost up-to-date drivers installed even before I started with EMC.

Anyway, whatever, I'm thrilled with the Sony program and would of been thrilled with the Pinnacle too. The most important thing is that I'm up and editing again. Just not with Roxio. It was never me but the progam, just like so many, many other users here. And I do believe there are way more users with problems than without when it comes to the Roxio programs and not just with EMC 10 either.

It just simply has way too many flaws. It's like the Windows 2000 bug epidemic but on STEROIDS!

I have to add my name to this list. I have contacted support and gotten help but it seems as if when one problem is resolved another one crops up. I need Windows Media Player because I download books from the library. Creator 10 has blocked my ability to receive information. The video doesn't work also, so it has hampered 2 things that are important to me.

I would probably accept that something was wrong with my computer if I had been using it for over a year. However, this computer is less than 2 weeks old! So I can't say that the computer is a piece of junk. I might also think there was something wrong with this computer if had problems with other programs however all of them work the way they are suppose to until I added Roxio, which to me has to be the real problem.

I have given up and I'm not happy with the program. I started using Sonic MyDVD when it first came out and remained a loyal customer through out all the changes and I've had to the joy of watching technology change. I build and have clients that I repair computers for, so I will admit there might be some problems as to my lack of knowledge. However, I'm not an ameture to computers.

So, to me if it looks like a skunk, waddles like a skunk, and smells like a snunk then this program really is a snunk. I doesn't work I'm I'm really sorry that I purchased it.

Eman

If it lives in a skunk's den, it will probably come out like a skunk

You carefully omitted to state ANYTHING in your rant

What OS are you using?

What is the CPU?

How much RAM?

What is your graphics?

What are you trying to do and how are you doing it?

Why post to a thread that has no bearing at all on your problem?

All my Nvidia drivers were always installed correctly. My machine is perfect in every sense of the word. Roxio used that as an excuse and sent me on a hunt for drivers that didn't exist. I have the upmost up-to-date drivers installed even before I started with EMC.

Anyway, whatever, I'm thrilled with the Sony program and would of been thrilled with the Pinnacle too. The most important thing is that I'm up and editing again. Just not with Roxio. It was never me but the progam, just like so many, many other users here. And I do believe there are way more users with problems than without when it comes to the Roxio program and not just EMC 10 either.

It just simply has way too many flaws. It's like the Windows 2000 bug epidemic but on STEROIDS!

One question: I would like your personal opinion of what is is on thousands of other users computers, that makes EMC 10 (or other versions for that matter) run perfectly well ?? I am not trying to be a smart a$% about this question either. Most computers however not all inclusive, (and I have built dozens of customs ones) have a particular graphics card (or video chip on the MB), a sound card (or a sound chip on the MB), a certain amount of Memory, and several other pieces of hardware (hard drive, (SATA or IDE) DVD drive of some kind and several other programs that have been installed and possibly some other items not mentioned.

So there must be some part of the computer build itself where EMC programs run fine and other do not. What in your opinion is it that makes this possible ??? BTW, this is NOT meant to be argumentative !!

Frank...

I have used these programs after purchasing the Roxio Software, again I'd like to add with OUTRAGEOUS SUCCESS!! I believe I contributed a heck of a lot to this forum by warning people about this software and displaying alternatives, maybe you missed that part. Frank, read my OP again it was only a few sentences, read slower if you have to or even 2, 3, 4 times. Like this maybe you can at least try to grasp it all <_<

Well, IMHO, it doesn't take reading your post several times to realize that you are a frustrated user of EMC and can't seem to find out what your problem is. The Vid2man is right on target when suggesting that if a user is having problems with EMC, just give a complete description of the program version you are using, your hardware (especially video graphics as myguggi suggested), what other programs you are running that could possibly cause compatibility problems, and what you have done to solve the problem your self.

This forum is here for helping others that are wanting to know how to run a particular program in EMC, but also to help with getting it installed correctly and running correctly. And there are many (even new users that have contributed some great suggestings) OP's that frequent this forum that have an incredible amount of experience with Roxio's programs and can be of great help. One just needs to ask for the help in an appropriate manner. We are all just users like you and will do all we can to help. And BTW, we can't help one bit with any problems that users are having with the company Sonic or Roxio ityself. That's strickly between the user and the company.

Roxio EMC 10 is one incredible multi-purpose program in my opinion and once installed correctly, can't be beat !!

From your OWN post...

"It won't install. It says that it can't find the supported harware and tells me to go to HP's website fr the driver. "

In short - HP have done something to the chipset where it can't install the nVidia reference drivers.

HP, in common with other box shifters never have the latest drivers on their site - that's why we tell people to go to ATI or nVidia to get them. If they won't install on the chipset, then there has been something done to cause that.

Whether you are willing to admit it or not, you DO have a hardware problem - personally I'd go after HP and ask them what they did, but you seem determined to blame Roxio for what is clearly a hardware problem

After acquiring a new computer which has Windows Vista installed I was informed I needed to purchase EMC10. I had previously had EMC9 which worked fine on my old computer until it (the computer) upped and died - loosing the back-up info needed to retrieve EMC9 (which I had bought as a download), and which I was subsequently informed will in fact work with Vista.

Since then I have been completely unable to process any video sensibly (due to hangs, crashes, loss of soundtrack, even Blue Screens) - despite having done several clean instals - until last week that it when I cut my losses and bought Pinnacle Studio 12. This works LIKE A DREAM.

EMC10 may be a superb product for those lucky people who can get it to work, for me it has been a dead loss, and like JazzGuy I am unable to get a refund from the retailer. Computer shops and IT gurus of all shapes and sizes tell me it is 'to do with my set-up' or 'due to conflicting software'. I run nothing un-usual, and in fact my first installation of DMC10 screwed up my registry to the extent that I had to re-instal Vista!

I therefore :ninja: concluse that I bought a bad lot - but at lesat I've worked out my frustation and come to terms with the fact that I have wasted 50 quid

After acquiring a new computer which has Windows Vista installed I was informed I needed to purchase EMC10. I had previously had EMC9 which worked fine on my old computer until it (the computer) upped and died - loosing the back-up info needed to retrieve EMC9 (which I had bought as a download), and which I was subsequently informed will in fact work with Vista.

Since then I have been completely unable to process any video sensibly (due to hangs, crashes, loss of soundtrack, even Blue Screens) - despite having done several clean instals - until last week that it when I cut my losses and bought Pinnacle Studio 12. This works LIKE A DREAM.

EMC10 may be a superb product for those lucky people who can get it to work, for me it has been a dead loss, and like JazzGuy I am unable to get a refund from the retailer. Computer shops and IT gurus of all shapes and sizes tell me it is 'to do with my set-up' or 'due to conflicting software'. I run nothing un-usual, and in fact my first installation of DMC10 screwed up my registry to the extent that I had to re-instal Vista!

I therefore :ninja: concluse that I bought a bad lot - but at lesat I've worked out my frustation and come to terms with the fact that I have wasted 50 quid

I guess that you could cut your losses even more, by moving on. ;)

Okay, I followed the steps exactly as recommended in the link provided for the complete uninstall and re-install. I re-installed using the complete install method, if that makes a difference.

My problem persists. When using Harware Rendering my computer will resart after showing me a blue screen. I can't tell what the blue screen says at it lasts only a few seconds.

Then if I try to use Software Rendering the computer will not resart but my video preview gets all mozaic looking on me on and off making it impossible to edit anything because I can't see anything properly. Again, I also played with screen resolution and refrsh rates as weel to no avail.

Any other ideas greatly appreciated. Also, MYDVD will also resart using hardware rendering.

Thanks again guys.

Since you are using WinXP, do you have the latest DirectX 9 updates (Jun 6 2008)? Videowave/MyDVD uses DirectX extensively and especially for hardware rendering. You didn't say which video chipset you have, but you MUST have one that fully supports DirectX 9 for hardware render to work. The graphics test is fairly good at detecting those.

Yes, I downloaded the latest Dirext 9.0c. When I run the graphics test it automatically picks harware rendering. My video card is a Nvidia geforce 6150 256mb

Also. on a webticket I gave Roxio a copy of my DxDiag repot and they said they so no reason why my computer can't handle the program.

Isn't the GeForce 6150 a chipset on the motherboard? I'm not familiar with that particular chipset, but most video chipsets on the motherboard do not fully support the 3D commands needed for hardware rendering.

Pinnacle has a small app called Check3D which can tell you exactly what your video chipset supports. I'll post a link if I can find it.

I didn't have it but when you mentioned it I goggled it and found it two seconds. I just checked what you told me and here is what is reads:.

Under Render API used it reads DX9 for NTSC and DX9 for PAL

3D harware acceleration it reads "YES" for NTSC and "YES" for PAL.

Is there anything I can do under the Nvidia Display properties?

Archived