• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc10, Downloaded But Won't Extract

PaulCNY

Question

Hi everyone,

I've been reading through these forums trying to see if my problem is listed, but to no avail.

I recently purchased EMC10 and downloaded both the program and content files. However, when I try to run the self-extracting zip file on either, I get a Bad CRC error (it also says Possible Cause:file transfer error. On the program file it's happening when it's in the process of extracting Data1.cab (at that point it's just over halfway through extracting).

I tried cleaning out my temp files folder to see if it would help, but to no avail. I see mentions of performing a clean install, but would this apply to my situation?

Thanks,

Paul

7 answers to this question

Nope. Sounds like a corrupted download. You might want to verify the size of file. If they defer, a re-download is recommended.

Try downloading from here

Or another option would be try using something like WinZip to extract the contents of the file and see if that helps.

Thanks for the suggestion. When I try downloading from the site, it says the file should be 747mb, but when I launch the download from either IE or Firefox, it shows the file size as being 729mb. I wonder if the problem is with the actual files on the site.

Others are managing it okay, so I think the files on the site must be fine.

Try using a download manager which will enable you to nudge the download if it dribbles to a halt before the end, and once you get a clean copy down do make sure you quickly back the download up onto disc.

Brendon

Others are managing it okay, so I think the files on the site must be fine.

Try using a download manager which will enable you to nudge the download if it dribbles to a halt before the end, and once you get a clean copy down do make sure you quickly back the download up onto disc.

Brendon

Count me as one person that is NOT managing it okay. I've tried downloading the file half a dozen times and it always fails on the extract with the errors mentioned in the initial post.

Archived