Edit Dvd

onwardsupwards

Question

Hello to everyone,new here.

I have inadvertently deleted some video files used in a production. :rolleyes: Naturally EMC now won't let me edit, as files are missing.

Project has been burned to DVD but has a couple of minor errors I would love to change, one in opening menu text, the other in the last .JPG panel text.

So no changes needed to the actual content.

ANY way of doing it?

Regards Rick

7 answers to this question

Thanks for your reply Jim

Have managed to import entire dvd to Videowave

DVD imports as single movie ie no transitions and timeline only, no storyline (well one panel)

DVD is a combination of Jpegs,AVI with native audio, mp3 music track.

Tried this - Located offending JPG with incorrect text, placed markers either side then cut jpg.

Inserted new jpg and transitions(dissolves), inserted new text.

This worked well for vision except the music track was also cut ie gap in music across new jpeg.

Thought I,d be smart and import music track via media import onto vacant music line.

This also worked and I assume the two audio music tracks must be playing in sync, UNTIL it reaches the cut section when the two tracks become out of sync (obvious really) so no joy there!

All I really want to do is change the text on a couple of jpeg panels. Can insert new text but can't remove the old.

Hope all this makes sense

Regards Rick

Yes it makes plenty of sense, that is how it works and everything I expected it to do…

Audio is going to be the biggest problem because the ear can really pickup small changes.

But I did suggest 2 different ways of doing and you only tried one. Since you have captured the full DVD, try the first one and cut and save out the videos. (VW – Output As)

Load your old project and browse to the 'recreated' videos. If you are missing the still pics too, it might get messy again.

Yes it makes plenty of sense, that is how it works and everything I expected it to do…

Audio is going to be the biggest problem because the ear can really pickup small changes.

But I did suggest 2 different ways of doing and you only tried one. Since you have captured the full DVD, try the first one and cut and save out the videos. (VW – Output As)

Load your old project and browse to the 'recreated' videos. If you are missing the still pics too, it might get messy again.

Thanks Jim I'll try that

Is there any way of removing just the music track from the imported dvd?

I know this post is over a month old but since I just did something similar, I thought I could help! Since your audio is not flowing from having cut out a picture, use media import, choose the audio tab (make sure your original dvd is in a drive). Choose the drive where your dvd is located and click on "import". It will save just the audio portion of your dvd. Then in Videowave, mute your native audio as Grandpa Bruce suggested. Assuming the edited jpeg is the exact same length as in your original production and nothing else has been changed, bring in the audio from the entire dvd into your new Videowave production. You should not have any gaps or flaws with the audio and it should be in sync. I hope this makes sense.

Rachel

Thanks Jim I'll try that

Is there any way of removing just the music track from the imported dvd?

You can mute the native audio, by bringing the movie into VideoWave, and clicking on the speaker icon, at the top of the Preview screen, then select Mute.

This will mute everything though. No way, with this software, to separate the music and other audio that may be in the production.

Archived