Easy Media Creator 10 On Laptop With Windows Vista

RichardTom

Question

I hope someone out there can help me. I am trying to install Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 on my laptop that came with Windows Vista. It installs fine, but after I do the required restart and double click on my desk top icon, the program tries to install Roxio_Central Tools, Data, Copy and Audio.msi packages, but fails for each one with the following message: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package TOOLS.msi in the box below (same for DATA, COPY, and AUDIO.msi) The path tries to take you to a folder called: C:\Users\RICHAR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE0.TMP\RCP_TOOLS_37\. The problem is that there is no folder: \WZSE0.TMP\RCP_TOOLS_37\.

Going to support has me to do a clean uninstall, which I did four different times. I got the download program from Roxio. Now it works fine on my desktop with Windows XP. I tried the cleanup package, along with msconfig, disabling all startups, plus regedit cleaning out HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE of Roxio and Sonic software folders.

I have also tried the msiexec /unregister and msiexec /register, and reinstall, but always with the exact results.

Everytime I double click on the desktop icon, the program tries to Configure the four msi packages.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions. I have spent hours with this.

Thanks

Richard

6 answers to this question

<_< Thanks Gary for your suggestion about admistrative rights. I do have admistrative rights, but, just to be sure, I made sure everything involved with Roxio and Sonic was set to give me full admistrative rights. I reinstalled again and got the same results. I know it is a Vista issue, have no doubts. I watched as it was installed again. Everything seemed to go fine. I did notice that under Program Files\common files/roxio shared\10.0, I have a folder called Roxio Central36, and in that folder there are folders Tools, Data, Copy, and Audio, and in each folder there is a file called "pconfig.dcf"

Do you know whether this is the file that configures each of the four .msi packages?

I may be way off, but this Vista installation has become a real pain in the &amp;%&#036;. XP was so easy and I didn't have to do any of the things I have been instructed to do to get this program to work with Vista.

Anyone else install Easy Media Creator 10 on a computer with Windows Vista. I am certain I am not the only one having this problem!!!!

I just hate Vista :angry2:

Richard

<_< Thanks Gary for your suggestion about admistrative rights. I do have admistrative rights, but, just to be sure, I made sure everything involved with Roxio and Sonic was set to give me full admistrative rights. I reinstalled again and got the same results. I know it is a Vista issue, have no doubts. I watched as it was installed again. Everything seemed to go fine. I did notice that under Program Files\common files/roxio shared\10.0, I have a folder called Roxio Central36, and in that folder there are folders Tools, Data, Copy, and Audio, and in each folder there is a file called "pconfig.dcf"

Do you know whether this is the file that configures each of the four .msi packages?

I may be way off, but this Vista installation has become a real pain in the &amp;%&#036;. XP was so easy and I didn't have to do any of the things I have been instructed to do to get this program to work with Vista.

Anyone else install Easy Media Creator 10 on a computer with Windows Vista. I am certain I am not the only one having this problem!!!!

I just hate Vista :angry2:

Richard

I have v9 and v10 installed on 2 different systems both running Vista Ultimate with no problems. You can try adding a new user with admin privilidges and see if that works. Turn off UAC and shut down any virus or sypware programs you have running.

:angry2::blink: I frankly are getting extremely pissed with Bill Gates and his Vista. I have NEVER had so many problems installing a program. When it gets to going in and messing with the operating system, by removing things that the average person would never be able to do, it is time to connect the OS to a stick of explosives :angry2:

I have tried installing Easy Media Creator 10 on my laptop at least 9 times, trying all the suggestions that Roxio and all the suggestions being posted here, ALWAYS brings me the exact same results.

Once I go through each attempt for the program to configure Tools.msi, Data.msi, Copy.msi, Audio.msi, and having to cancel each one, I get to the main program, but anything I try winds up needing the msi files that were not configured. For each Roxio Central package, like TOOLS, I get a message that says it is looking for a path that ultimately ends up at AppData\Local\Temp (no this is where the search ges cold) \WZSE0.TMP\RCP_TOOLS_37\ (these do not exist). Does anyone know what creates this portion of the path \WZSE0.TMP\RCP_TOOLS_37\.

I watched the program install, and TOOLS, DATA, COPY, and AUDIO all appeared to install initially, fine. In the end before the reboot of the computer, I get the message installation completed successfully.

Yet under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\Roxio Central36\Tools, for example, I find a file called pconfig.dcf. I wonder if this is what configures TOOLS.msi, because, I can not find any .msi files on my computer.

Those of you that have sucessfully installed Easy Media Creator 10 on a computer with VISTA, do you have these paths, under User, \WZSE0.TMP\RCP_TOOLS_37\,\WZSE0.TMP\RCP_DATA_37\, \WZSE0.TMP\RCP_COPY,_37\, and \WZSE0.TMP\RCP_AUDIO_37\, because in these locations are where the .msi filse are supposed to be.

Richard

Archived