• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Windows Mastered File System And Emc9

Ray S

Question

I've had an issue for a while that I can't reslove so I'm on a bit of a "fishing" trip here. I wonder if someone with EMC9 on a Vista computer could try something very simple for me and tell me their results. If you could just stick a blank CD in your CD WRITER and let me know what Autoplay menu pops up. On mine I get just one menu choice that says let Windows Explorer open files to read. On everyone elses Vista computer they get a Autoplay popup that ask what you want to burn. After much wasted time looking into this, I'm wondering if EMC9 can be causing this?

So if you could stick a blank CD into your WRITER on a Vista computer and tell me what you get, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Hello Ray,

I always turn off Autoplay for everything, so nothing pops up. :) However when I click on the drive icon in Explorer and 'Open Autoplay' I see all the usual options.

If you go to 'Set Autoplay Defaults' in that menu, or else Start/Run > Control Panel > Autoplay you'll get a menu where you can choose "what happens when you insert each type of media or device".

There are drop-down boxes for blank CDs and blank DVDs, which normally include Audio with WMP, files with Windows, files using Roxio, take no action, and ask me every time.

Do these help you at all, or have you already tried them?

Brendon

Hello Ray,

I always turn off Autoplay for everything, so nothing pops up. :) However when I click on the drive icon in Explorer and 'Open Autoplay' I see all the usual options.

If you go to 'Set Autoplay Defaults' in that menu, or else Start/Run > Control Panel > Autoplay you'll get a menu where you can choose "what happens when you insert each type of media or device".

There are drop-down boxes for blank CDs and blank DVDs, which normally include Audio with WMP, files with Windows, files using Roxio, take no action, and ask me every time.

Do these help you at all, or have you already tried them?

Brendon

I have these options set as desired but the resulting popup is different than most peoople get. It has a single option of "view files with Windows Explorer" and nothing else. Most people get what I will call "write options" like burn a CD, etc. Also they get a pulldown from that menu that lets then change file systems from Live to Mastered. Thus, mine sort of looks like it is seeing a read only drive while other peoples recognize the drive as a writer. However my computer knows it is a read/write drive. For instance Windows backup allows me to select it for backing up to CDs etc.

Anyway that is my confusion. Also Roxio seems to burn to the drive okay. But when I use Windows I don't get the "write options" autoplay popup so I can't change to the Mastered File System for the CD which was my original problem.

I am running EMC 9 and VISTA. I have set all 16 Autoplay selectable actions for media insertions to "Take No Action". When I insert a CD or DVD nothing happens (no popups occur).

Did you perhaps suspend a VISTA Mastered burn session?

Not to my knowledge but this is not the area of computers I have a lot of experience in. How could I tell and what should I do to get it working agian if I id

Archived