• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Trouble With Mydvd In Emc10

Brushguy

Question

I'm using MyDVD in EMC 10, and am very impressed with all that it can do. However, I'm having some serious problems with it...

1) When I burn the disc, the background for the main menu comes out totally black. It's a motion menu, lasting 25 seconds at a resolution of 720x480. I've tried burning the disc at the fastest speed and the slowest speed and get the same result, so I'm pretty sure it's not a glitch in the burning process. Also, yes, the motion menu does appear in preview mode - it only comes up black once the disc is already burned.

2) For the submenus, the thumbnails start to stop working after about 10 chapters. No matter what I choose for the thumbnail, the thumbnail will either come up totally black, or the thumbnail will remain stuck at the beginning of the chapter. Is there any way to fix this? Also, is there any way to adjust the first chapter's thumbnail - this one is also totally unresponsive.

3) The submenus load extremely slowly. I think this might be because there's a 30-second music track for them, but I can't find the button to delete background music once you already have it on there. This probably sounds stupid, but I've honestly looked everywhere for the button to delete the music track, and I can't find it. Also, if there's another reason why my submenus are loading so slowly, please let me know!

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

7 answers to this question

I'm using MyDVD in EMC 10, and am very impressed with all that it can do. However, I'm having some serious problems with it...

1) When I burn the disc, the background for the main menu comes out totally black. It's a motion menu, lasting 25 seconds at a resolution of 720x480. I've tried burning the disc at the fastest speed and the slowest speed and get the same result, so I'm pretty sure it's not a glitch in the burning process. Also, yes, the motion menu does appear in preview mode - it only comes up black once the disc is already burned.

2) For the submenus, the thumbnails start to stop working after about 10 chapters. No matter what I choose for the thumbnail, the thumbnail will either come up totally black, or the thumbnail will remain stuck at the beginning of the chapter. Is there any way to fix this? Also, is there any way to adjust the first chapter's thumbnail - this one is also totally unresponsive.

3) The submenus load extremely slowly. I think this might be because there's a 30-second music track for them, but I can't find the button to delete background music once you already have it on there. This probably sounds stupid, but I've honestly looked everywhere for the button to delete the music track, and I can't find it. Also, if there's another reason why my submenus are loading so slowly, please let me know!

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Possible fix TWO

If you have a TV TUNER card installed on you computer....DISABLE IT by going to CONTROL PANEL and TV TUNER card you have and disable drivers.

Two you must go to RUN type MSCONFIG and where it says loading drivers that load while window installs...DISABLE ALL.

You will be able to burn two dvd in four hours taht way.The glitch might be (as in my case) the tv tuner card was interferring witht he production.It showed the movie in preview Really fast too and it did the image burn but when it went to burn to dvd..it burned becasue I saw it burning..but then it completed and detail 80004003 erro came up.It was the tv tuner card. Once disabled..it ran great.

Told Roxio to make a reference int he future....seeing that they have 10 of these made you would think some brainiac would ahve saw this.But 12 bad burn DVDS later That was my problem

I'd look askance at your TV card - I have one installed on my box and never had to disable the driver yet - I just turn it off in the task bar (right click and exit) but even with it on, it never caused any glitches

Archived