• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc10 And Drag-to-disc

out of harms way

Question

I know that drag-to-disc has gone in EMC10 - typical Roxio - but I still have it from EMC9. I had a problem with Drag-to-disc in EMC9 which I still have now where it sometimes refuses to allow the disc to be ejected - says it's still busy. In EMC9 I used to use a "tool" which I think was called Disc Utility or something like that - this always allowed eject and did the disc no harm at all. I can't find such a tool in EMC10. Does anyone know of one? - or any way of ejecting if drag-to-disc doesn't allow it? :huh:

6 answers to this question

You have to use D2D itself to close and eject a disc - if you manually try you wind up with a trashed data set

I WAS using D2D to try to eject the disc - that's why I had to try something else when it wouldn't let me. And it worked, but I can't find the same facility in EMC10. But I now know how to use Creator Classic to append to a disc - nowhere near as quick as D2D but that's Roxio all over - 1 step forward, 4 steps back!! Thanks for your reply anyway.

I WAS using D2D to try to eject the disc - that's why I had to try something else when it wouldn't let me. And it worked, but I can't find the same facility in EMC10. But I now know how to use Creator Classic to append to a disc - nowhere near as quick as D2D but that's Roxio all over - 1 step forward, 4 steps back!! Thanks for your reply anyway.

Dumping D2D is actually 4 steps forward and none back :rolleyes:

Using Creator Classic is a much, much more reliable method of burning data to a disc - you can be sure it will be read on every computer which definitely is not true when you use D2D.

BTW, D2D was dropped by Roxio because Vista now includes a form of D2D and having 2 versions of packet writing software on your computer creates all sorts of problems

Dumping D2D is actually 4 steps forward and none back :rolleyes:

Using Creator Classic is a much, much more reliable method of burning data to a disc - you can be sure it will be read on every computer which definitely is not true when you use D2D.

BTW, D2D was dropped by Roxio because Vista now includes a form of D2D and having 2 versions of packet writing software on your computer creates all sorts of problems

I have used the D2D function in document archiving to a CD. I liked the function because I could add my files as I scanned them. Will Creator Classic allow for this? I would be using a CD-RW disc. I also like to back up my hard drive to a CD.

If you use CC and leave the disc open, you can append to it (not quite drag 'n' drop but it will work)

However using D2D for backup purposes is strongly discouraged - check round the forum for the horror stories from people who relied on it for backup

Archived