• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copying Photo Cds

coriscapnskip

Question

Hey, I got some photo CDs at Wal-Mart and thought I could easily copy what was on them by putting them in the CD drive of my computer and choosing Copy on Toast to my burner as did for the Disc Image I just successfully burned to DVD. The Disc Image was mounted, but since the Wal-Mart Photo CDs were already made I thought all I had to do to make duplicates was hit copy. It copied them in seconds and said they were ready. My friend said something was on the CDs, but it wasn't the pictures.

Should I have mounted or opened the CDs before trying to copy, or are Wal-Mart CDs copy protected or something? I gave my friend the originals to try to make a Photo Card from so if that doesn't work I guess we'll find out if they're copy protected. Just wondering if I did something wrong. :)

5 answers to this question

My friend got the CDs to a Photo Card fine after getting around the junk Wal-Mart put on. I still don't know what I should do when I want to copy them.

I've never gotten a Wal-Mart photo CD so I have no idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had some kind of auto-run windows application to view the pics in slideshow or something.

Perhaps the CD format you chose to use for the copy was incompatible with it.

Archived