Mydvd 10 Premiere Update Issue - Build : 111b34a, Myp

moody

Question

I downloaded the Roxio Support site update for MyDVD 10 Premier (build 111B34A, MYP). I've done several clean installs of this update and every time (in addition to installing the program in the Program Files folder on the C drive) it also installs the files listed below to the root directory of the D drive (e.g. not even in a folder). After several retrys, I uninstalled the update and reinstalled the original build (a clean install - by the book) and checked to see if these files exist in the "old" build. Only AS_Storage_w32.dll shows up.

Could these other files be part of some the larger EMC 10 Suite and not belong in a MyDVD 10 installation. Could someone do a file search and let me know if these are part of some other Roxio suite? Thanks!!

Folder: “lib”

cvmi.dll

HDiPlayer.exe

iHDScripting.tlb

SonicBDAVPlayer.dll

SonicXalanPlugin.dll

AS_Storage_w32.dll

HDDVDPlayer.dll

HDR.1.0 manifest

Renderer.dll

SonicBDROMPlayer.dll

SonicXercesPlugin.dll

11 answers to this question

The current management seems to indulge in an amount of 'slicing and dicing', cutting up the main flagship suite into various differently shaped pieces which get sold under different names. I suspect that when the surgeons cut the MyDVD 10 off the main body, they may have left a few blood vessels and tendons attached, and you've found them.

Well, they know now. :lol:

Brendon

Well said ;)

These are public Forums, searched by google and other search engines, which in turn are searched by spammers seeking to "harvest" email addresses for spamming purposes. You might want to delete your email address.

Lynn

Thanks!!

Hello!

Thanks for your reply. Below is a list of files. (and 1 folder) written directly to the D drive. I did this on a 2 year old computer (Windows xp pro) in advance of getting a new computer for video editing. That arrived on Sunday - I did an install of the MyDVD program update file (not overwriting the old version) and the new computer did the SAME thing! It wrote the same files to its D drive! Here's the list:

cvmi.dll

HDiPlayer.exe

iHDScripting.tlb

SonicBDAVPlayer.dll

SonicXalanPlugin.dll

AS_Storage_w32.dll

HDDVDPlayer.dll

HDR.1.0 manifest

Renderer.dll

SonicBDROMPlayer.dll

SonicXercesPlugin.dll

If you have any other suggestions -

Thanks!

Re-testing but on XP Pro this time reveals, it does create the above listed files/folder as you mentioned. Not sure if they are actually used or temp files. But looks like a bug.

Re-testing but on XP Pro this time reveals, it does create the above listed files/folder as you mentioned. Not sure if they are actually used or temp files. But looks like a bug.

Thank you !! I've been trying to get someone to believe me about the problem with this update. I spoke with Roxio tech support yesterday - they were going to do a download / install to see if they could duplicate the problem and get back to me. They have not - which I interpret to mean they also found this bug; I'm guessing if everything had been normal, they wuld have told me right away. I suspect these files belong to some other part of the EMC suite and the installer doesn't know what to do with them because they don't belong in a MyDVD 10 stand-alone installation. Just a guess. I'm hoping someone with the full EMC program will hunt for this group to see if they exist in the full load program.

Guest ivanatrox

I was able to reproduce the issue on my XP machine and Vista machine. I have submitted a bug for this. However, revmoing the lib folder and files should not affect the functionality of MyDVD Premier.

Please update the thread if you encounter any further issue

Thanks

Ivan

I'm hoping someone with the full EMC program will hunt for this group to see if they exist in the full load program.

Hi,

I went hunting for you. In EMC 10.0 they're all in the folder \Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\DLLShared\RxSMPlayer, except for HDIPlayer.exe which I couldn't find on the system at all. These files have never appeared 'out-of-place' on another drive or partition.

. . . \RxSMPlayer has a subfolder called 'lib' which seems to have a bunch of java files.

Hope this helps, although I imagine Ivan's team will be all over it by now. :)

Regards,

Brendon

I just updated to the version in question and could not see any files on my D:\. Would you happen to have some of the names of the files that you are seeing? Only thing I can think of is checking you enviromental variables since the installer gets extracted in the %temp% folder

Hi,

I went hunting for you. In EMC 10.0 they're all in the folder \Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\DLLShared\RxSMPlayer, except for HDIPlayer.exe which I couldn't find on the system at all. These files have never appeared 'out-of-place' on another drive or partition.

. . . \RxSMPlayer has a subfolder called 'lib' which seems to have a bunch of java files.

Hope this helps, although I imagine Ivan's team will be all over it by now. :)

Regards,

Brendon

Thanks Brendon! Well, at least now I know where they belong - IF they are part of a stand-alone MyDVD 10 installation. I suspect this is a bug! Your help is greatly appreciated.

The current management seems to indulge in an amount of 'slicing and dicing', cutting up the main flagship suite into various differently shaped pieces which get sold under different names. I suspect that when the surgeons cut the MyDVD 10 off the main body, they may have left a few blood vessels and tendons attached, and you've found them.

Well, they know now. :lol:

Brendon

Hello!

Thanks for your reply. Below is a list of files. (and 1 folder) written directly to the D drive. I did this on a 2 year old computer (Windows xp pro) in advance of getting a new computer for video editing. That arrived on Sunday - I did an install of the MyDVD program update file (not overwriting the old version) and the new computer did the SAME thing! It wrote the same files to its D drive! Here's the list:

cvmi.dll

HDiPlayer.exe

iHDScripting.tlb

SonicBDAVPlayer.dll

SonicXalanPlugin.dll

AS_Storage_w32.dll

HDDVDPlayer.dll

HDR.1.0 manifest

Renderer.dll

SonicBDROMPlayer.dll

SonicXercesPlugin.dll

If you have any other suggestions -

Thanks!

I just updated to the version in question and could not see any files on my D:\. Would you happen to have some of the names of the files that you are seeing? Only thing I can think of is checking you enviromental variables since the installer gets extracted in the %temp% folder

Archived