Blank Dvd Not Recognized By Burner!

cap2587

Question

I am having trouble with my DVD Burner recognizing my Blank HP DVD+R disk. I am using EMC 10 to burn a disk image, but it doesn't show that I have a disk in. I haven't had a problem with this type of disk until now. I have an Inspiron 6000 Laptop and my Burner is a Phillips CDRW/DVD SCB5265 Version 5.1.2535.0. Is It possible that the Burner's firmware needs updating. I tried to update the driver, but said it was current. Any Ideas? Thanks.

2 answers to this question

I am having trouble with my DVD Burner recognizing my Blank HP DVD+R disk. I am using EMC 10 to burn a disk image, but it doesn't show that I have a disk in. I haven't had a problem with this type of disk until now. I have an Inspiron 6000 Laptop and my Burner is a Phillips CDRW/DVD SCB5265 Version 5.1.2535.0. Is It possible that the Burner's firmware needs updating. I tried to update the driver, but said it was current. Any Ideas? Thanks.

You do not have a DVD burner, only a DVD reader

from a google search:

The Philips SCB5265 is slim internal type with 12.7mm height, and is an IDE/ATAPI interface CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive. The drive is able to write CD-R/RW discs and also can perform as a regular DVD-ROM drive. The SCB5265 has 8X speed DVD-ROM disc reading, 24X speed CD-R disc writing, 24X speed CD-RW disc writing and 24X speed CD-ROM disc reading capabilities.

Archived