Need Continous Loop Of One Movie Slideshow

CarlJ

Question

How can I get a continous loop slideshow? I have the Prodution Settings to GOTO: Production, Play From:Chapter 1 and after playing: Production. This works for one pass only. That is, the slideshow plays 2 times then returns to the menu. I have not found any settings for the menu or any documentation in the help that address how to play a production continously. It seems I need to somehow set the menu to play continously. Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

10 answers to this question

Select the button that plays the video

View / Settings

In the 'after Playing' drop down list, select that button.

However, there will be no way for the viewer to return to the Menu. Even if your DVD player REMOTE has a 'Root Menu' button or 'Menu' button, there is no gaurantee. Sometimes those work correctly and sometimes they don't.

Gary, I made a 3 slide movie. In MyDVD, I selected that movie button and clicked View / Settings. I changed the settings Link After Playing to Production. Production was also the setting in the Link goto. After clicking on the movie button, the movie played, then played a second time, then went to the menu-no continous play. What am I missing?

To do what Gary suggests, in MyDVD, click on file, then on New Project, then on DVD, no menus. Then, bring in your production.

Thank you both-that did the trick. Now, out of curiosity, is it possible to have a continous slide show with a menu?

Select the button that plays the video

View / Settings

In the 'after Playing' drop down list, select that button.

However, there will be no way for the viewer to return to the Menu. Even if your DVD player REMOTE has a 'Root Menu' button or 'Menu' button, there is no gaurantee. Sometimes those work correctly and sometimes they don't.

post-49-1218084318.jpg

There is another way if you've already made the entire production.

In MyDVD, burn the production to a Folder set on your computer. ( If you've already burned the production to a DVD, you can use that DVD instead of burning to a folder set.)

Then using the Video Copy and Convert in EMC 10, Select Video Compilation and find the folder on your computer or DVD. Select only the movie and burn that to a DVD.

That will give you a movie that will play continuously but it will not have a menu, so it will start playiing once you insert it into a player.

Hope that helps.

Gary, I made a 3 slide movie. In MyDVD, I selected that movie button and clicked View / Settings. I changed the settings Link After Playing to Production. Production was also the setting in the Link goto. After clicking on the movie button, the movie played, then played a second time, then went to the menu-no continous play. What am I missing?

I just duplicates your 3-slide project and I get the same thing happen - the slideshow plays 2 times then returns to the menu.

That would appear to be a definite bug.

Of course if you want to loop a movie, the best way is to creat the DVD with no menus and it will loop.

Archived