rollingsj

Mydvd 8004520c Error While Encoding Movie 1

Question

Okay, so our company just purchased the full blown version of Easy Media Creator 10, at my request, and I went to use MyDVD for the first time, loaded 15 small video clips, and first crack out of the bag, get the following error during the encoding process:

8004520c Error while Encoding Movie 1

That’s it, no more details. You guys are really making me look bad for suggesting this software. Does it even work at all? I’m using the default menu, and not doing anything fancy. Also, all of the videos are *already* encoded as:

MPEG-2 Program Stream

720 x 480

29.97 fps

48kHz Stereo Audio

I have to say this is really frustrating, especially right out of the box. I’ve seen some other posts about updating video drivers, DirectX, dancing around your computer chanting various phrases, but to no avail. You shouldn’t have to do that anyway.

So why can’t the program handle DVD ready files exactly?

7 answers to this question

Okay, so our company just purchased the full blown version of Easy Media Creator 10, at my request, and I went to use MyDVD for the first time, loaded 15 small video clips, and first crack out of the bag, get the following error during the encoding process:

8004520c Error while Encoding Movie 1

That’s it, no more details. You guys are really making me look bad for suggesting this software. Does it even work at all? I’m using the default menu, and not doing anything fancy. Also, all of the videos are *already* encoded as:

MPEG-2 Program Stream

720 x 480

29.97 fps

48kHz Stereo Audio

I have to say this is really frustrating, especially right out of the box. I’ve seen some other posts about updating video drivers, DirectX, dancing around your computer chanting various phrases, but to no avail. You shouldn’t have to do that anyway.

So why can’t the program handle DVD ready files exactly?

In MyDVD, click on Tools/Options, then click in the circle to the left of Software, for rendering.

Now, when you click on the Burn button, uncheck Burn to disc, and select Save disc image file. Give the file a name, and save it to a new folder, on your hard drive. Once it is done encoding, close MyDVD, open Video Copy and Convert, bring in that .iso file, and burn it to a DVD.

. . . You guys are really making me look bad for suggesting this software. . .

BTW, we, in this forum, are just users like you. We aren't the "you guys"!

:)

We aren't the "you guys"!

My apologies for the confusion!

You Guys = Roxio

Cleary I was under the false impression that Roxio would provide some support here. :blink:

Anyhow, I appreciate the tip Digital Guru. I'm in the process of trying that now. Incidentally, I was going to ISO before, but hopefully software rending will help.

My apologies for the confusion!

You Guys = Roxio

Cleary I was under the false impression that Roxio would provide some support here. :blink:

Anyhow, I appreciate the tip Digital Guru. I'm in the process of trying that now. Incidentally, I was going to ISO before, but hopefully software rending will help.

Let us know what happens.

Okay, with software rendering on and going to ISO, I'm still getting an encoding error, but it's slightly different, albeit still ambiguous:

80004005 Error while Encoding Movie 1

That's it.

A search on this error revealed some other posts, such as:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/lofiversio....php/t7642.html

Unfortunately, that user ended up downloading Nero instead. As for me, I downloaded a freeware application called DVD Flick, and it encoded the DVD nicely in a few minutes.

So $99 for Roxio which doesn’t work, or $0 for a random freeware app? I’m sorry Roxio, but this is so poor…

If anyone has any other ideas I’d be interested in trying them, but at this point it seems that the software is useless.

I appreciate the responses though…

Okay, with software rendering on and going to ISO, I'm still getting an encoding error, but it's slightly different, albeit still ambiguous:

80004005 Error while Encoding Movie 1

That's it.

A search on this error revealed some other posts, such as:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/lofiversio....php/t7642.html

Unfortunately, that user ended up downloading Nero instead. As for me, I downloaded a freeware application called DVD Flick, and it encoded the DVD nicely in a few minutes.

So $99 for Roxio which doesn’t work, or $0 for a random freeware app? I’m sorry Roxio, but this is so poor…

If anyone has any other ideas I’d be interested in trying them, but at this point it seems that the software is useless.

I appreciate the responses though…

The OP, in that thread, had video cards that didn't support DirectX 9. He needed a new video card.

List your system specs, similar to how I have mine listed, in my signature.

What is the origin of the video you are trying to burn? Have you tried burning just one of those video clips?