Roxio Emc 10 Suite On Sale At Amazon - $29 After Rebate

Big_Dave

Roxio EMC 10 Suite on sale at Amazon - $29 after rebate. This may be a good buy if you can't wait for Roxio EMC 11 Suite. EMC 10 Suite was launched in early September 2007. Is it getting close for version 11 to be launched? :) I suspect that beta testing is already underway.

Is it getting close for version 11 to be launched? :)

I've noticed that software usually goes down in price a bit before new versions are released. That's not just Roxio software either. Retailers want to get rid of their stock before the new version comes out. I've seen other retailers put EMC 10 on sale recently.

People buy all those new camcorders and cameras for Holiday presents and they need new software to edit all those videos and pictures. Other software makers are now releasing new versions in advance of the holiday season and I'm sure Roxio will be competing in that market.

Frank,

I checked again and the $49.99 is a good price for new not including the $20 rebate. There are even better bargins available at Amazon.

I see Dave. When I saw your post I just went to the Amazon website and saw the ad that I attached. When I clicked on the new & Used text under the cost I got the screen that said it was used so that's why I replied. Anyway, if that is the cost of a new EMC 10, that is one good price. :)

Roxio EMC 10 Suite on sale at Amazon - $29 after rebate. This may be a good buy if you can't wait for Roxio EMC 11 Suite. EMC 10 Suite was launched in early September 2007. Is it getting close for version 11 to be launched? :) I suspect that beta testing is already underway.

EMC 9: Sep 5th 2006

EMC 10: Sep 5th 2007

EMC 11: ... well Sep 5th 2008 is on a Friday... sounds like a nice day to launch a new version :-)

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
LOL, Martin. We've all been blindsided.

Yep, let's just hope the software is as reliable as the release schedule :P At least this kind of predictability (is that a correct English word?) is good for the shareholders... not so many software companies release their new versions in such a tight schedule for such a long time :glare:

M.

Archived