• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Converting Vob To Mp4

w7ptt

Question

Hello all,

I have a DVD with some VOB files on them. I decided to take some of my files and use Toast 9 to convert the to MP4. After I do the conversion, and I go to play them, Each clip only plays (video and audio) for about 20 seconds then the video images on the last frame it just played, and the audio goes silent. The time on the time counter keeps counting up, but the frame is frozen, and no audio.

I have tried playing the converted files in numerous players, an it does the same thing in all of them.

Any ideas?

7 answers to this question

Do not drag VOBs to the Toast window. You can either choose the DVD or VIDEO_TS options or use the Toast Media Browser to extract the MPEG files from the VIDEO_TS folder. The latter is done by choosing DVD with the top button of the browser when a video DVD is inserted or a VIDEO_TS folder is on the desktop. Double-click on what appears in the browser window to view the individual video titles. Drag the ones you want to the Video Files window.

I have tried all the above things and it still does not work. After about 20 seconds the video freezes, audio stops, but the clock continues to keep counting.

i am having the same problem with the original poster. it has to be problem with toast 9 conversion because when i use the same video TS files with another mp4 conversion software (like handbrake for the mac), i get great working mp4 files....

hmmm...are there any updates yet to this issue?

What is Streamclip's Fix Timecode Breaks command

I have tried all the above things and it still does not work. After about 20 seconds the video freezes, audio stops, but the clock continues to keep counting.

I'm pretty sure the problem you're experiencing is time code breaks in the video. You'll need to open either the Toast-extracted MPEG file or the VOB title set in MPEG Streamclip and use Streamclip's Fix Timecode Breaks command to repair those. Then choose convert to MPEG to resave the fixed MPEG 2 file to add to Toast.

Time code breaks are a problem with many standalone DVD recorders when the video is recorded in "video mode" rather than "VR mode". Toast repairs the breaks from some standalone recorders (such as my Pioneer-brand) when extracting the video via the Toast Media Browser. But I'm aware that some users still experience this problem with video from their recorders.

Hello all,

I have a DVD with some VOB files on them. I decided to take some of my files and use Toast 9 to convert the to MP4. After I do the conversion, and I go to play them, Each clip only plays (video and audio) for about 20 seconds then the video images on the last frame it just played, and the audio goes silent. The time on the time counter keeps counting up, but the frame is frozen, and no audio.

I have tried playing the converted files in numerous players, an it does the same thing in all of them.

Any ideas?

Do not drag VOBs to the Toast window. You can either choose the DVD or VIDEO_TS options or use the Toast Media Browser to extract the MPEG files from the VIDEO_TS folder. The latter is done by choosing DVD with the top button of the browser when a video DVD is inserted or a VIDEO_TS folder is on the desktop. Double-click on what appears in the browser window to view the individual video titles. Drag the ones you want to the Video Files window.

I'm pretty sure the problem you're experiencing is time code breaks in the video. You'll need to open either the Toast-extracted MPEG file or the VOB title set in MPEG Streamclip and use Streamclip's Fix Timecode Breaks command to repair those. Then choose convert to MPEG to resave the fixed MPEG 2 file to add to Toast.

Time code breaks are a problem with many standalone DVD recorders when the video is recorded in "video mode" rather than "VR mode". Toast repairs the breaks from some standalone recorders (such as my Pioneer-brand) when extracting the video via the Toast Media Browser. But I'm aware that some users still experience this problem with video from their recorders.

i am having the same problem with the original poster. it has to be problem with toast 9 conversion because when i use the same video TS files with another mp4 conversion software (like handbrake for the mac), i get great working mp4 files....

hmmm...are there any updates yet to this issue?

Archived