Encoding But Won't Burn To Disc!

JANICE1005

Question

Hi, Could anyone please explain to me how I burn my projects to disc. I have tried over and over again and it just keeps encoding but the disc remains blank. I feel I have completely wasted my money with this product and I am very disappointed. Kind regards, Janice :angry2:

14 answers to this question

Please give us more information. What steps are you taking? What application are you using? Video DVD or audio CD? Where did you get the source material? And it wouldn't hurt to give some details about your computer. Thanks

Hi, Thank you for replying to my question. I have a Dell Dimension 9200 PC. I bought the Easy Media Creator 10 package from PC World so I installed it from the Disc. I have made projects with the Video Wave and the Slideshow using a Maxell 1-16x SPEED/120min. VIDEO/4.7GB DATA DVD-R disc. I can only get it to encode but the disc remains blank. I would really appreciate it if you could help me further with this problem. Many thanks, Janice

Hi, Thank you for replying to my question. I have a Dell Dimension 9200 PC. I bought the Easy Media Creator 10 package from PC World so I installed it from the Disc. I have made projects with the Video Wave and the Slideshow using a Maxell 1-16x SPEED/120min. VIDEO/4.7GB DATA DVD-R disc. I can only get it to encode but the disc remains blank. I would really appreciate it if you could help me further with this problem. Many thanks, Janice

I also don't understand when I use the Video Wave and I save the file to my documents when I then click on the file all my photographs and music are missing. There are question marks in the panels where the photographs should be and it is asking me to locate them. Surely if you save a file when you need to use it again all your work shouldn't be missing! Could you tell me if I have to save the file using the Back Up facility on the Easy Media Creator 10 to save my work. This is really frustrating, it probably would have been better to save my money and use the more basic Windows software. At least this way I know what to do but I thought it would be nice to experiment and have a more sophisticated package. I may as well un-install it for what use it is to me. Kind regards, Janice

I also don't understand when I use the Video Wave and I save the file to my documents when I then click on the file all my photographs and music are missing. There are question marks in the panels where the photographs should be and it is asking me to locate them. Surely if you save a file when you need to use it again all your work shouldn't be missing! Could you tell me if I have to save the file using the Back Up facility on the Easy Media Creator 10 to save my work. This is really frustrating, it probably would have been better to save my money and use the more basic Windows software. At least this way I know what to do but I thought it would be nice to experiment and have a more sophisticated package. I may as well un-install it for what use it is to me. Kind regards, Janice

The error you are describing usually occurs if the source files used in your project have been moved to a different location. Have you moved any of the photo and/or music files or your Videowave project (has the dmsm extension) to a different folder or drive?

Also, Maxell media is very poor quality media and you will have better success burning using Verbatims. Do you have the latest firmware for your burner installed?

The software doesn't embed the photos, music, etc. in the file, for obvious reasons. Anything that you are using for your production, should be in a folder(s) on your hard drive, and you can't move them, or you will get the questions marks.

The software doesn't embed the photos, music, etc. in the file, for obvious reasons. Anything that you are using for your production, should be in a folder(s) on your hard drive, and you can't move them, or you will get the questions marks.
Thank you for replying. Sorry, I forgot to mention I have using Windows Vista Home Premium on my PC. I don't know if this makes any difference as it is supposed to be compatible. I realise the Maxell discs are not high quality. They are just spares I have, I usually use Sony, TDK or Philips. I have made a Cine-Magic Production and I managed to get the burner to work but when I play the disc all it has on it are files that are written to my hard drive. I am obviously doing something wrong and not able to use this Media Creator properly to burn my work. This is unusual because I am normally pretty good at working things out. I am coming over like an idiot and it isn't helping. Many thanks, Janice

Thank you for replying. Sorry, I forgot to mention I have using Windows Vista Home Premium on my PC. I don't know if this makes any difference as it is supposed to be compatible. I realise the Maxell discs are not high quality. They are just spares I have, I usually use Sony, TDK or Philips. I have made a Cine-Magic Production and I managed to get the burner to work but when I play the disc all it has on it are files that are written to my hard drive. I am obviously doing something wrong and not able to use this Media Creator properly to burn my work. This is unusual because I am normally pretty good at working things out. I am coming over like an idiot and it isn't helping. Many thanks, Janice

Exactly what are you trying to create: a DVD video, a data DVD or what. IF all you have on your burned DVD are the data from your hard drive then all you have is a data DVD. To create a DVD you have to use Videowave and/or myDVD.

so I am also running into this issue. I set it to burn and it does all of the encoding and transferring..blah blah blah and then it says it is 100% complete and pops out the disc. But there is nothing on it. I have tried changing the rendering thing but still nothing. I know that my burner works because I just used it last week with a different program. Any ideas?

so I am also running into this issue. I set it to burn and it does all of the encoding and transferring..blah blah blah and then it says it is 100% complete and pops out the disc. But there is nothing on it. I have tried changing the rendering thing but still nothing. I know that my burner works because I just used it last week with a different program. Any ideas?

Please do not jump into someone elses thread with a supposed "me too" problem. There are already 2 different posters in this thread with problems so that is confusing enough :blink:

Well, now this is going to get interesting, since you already have a thread going, and you hijacked this thread.

That can become confusing, when trying to follow the flow of YOUR posts. :blink::blink:

Not to confuse things, but I think I may be having a similar issue. Using Roxio MyDVD10 to try to burn a DVD project which includes multiple slideshows. I am using a Dell laptop and have attempted to use both the internal Optiarc DVD burner as well as an external Lite-on burner. I don't think the problem is with the burner however because I get the same results when trying to create an image file with the project. When I preview the project everything looks good, the menus work and slideshows play with music, however when I select Burn project to Disc is where I have the problems. It validates the project very quickly and then gives the option to burn to disc or save disc image file. Which ever option I select, it will proceed to the burn project popup which wll show two progress bars. The Overall Progress bar and the Current task bar both go to 100% very quickly and sometimes the Encoding preview window will show my first picture and sometimes it will remain blank. Eventhough it says it was succesfull no image file is created or nothing is burnt to the disc. I am using Vista Home Premium. I have tried a couple of Roxio's suggestions. I have updated burner firmware, installed recommended Roxio updates, and open system config and disabled all startup programs. I do not believe any of the files were moved. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

Not to confuse things, but I think I may be having a similar issue. Using Roxio MyDVD10 to try to burn a DVD project which includes multiple slideshows. I am using a Dell laptop and have attempted to use both the internal Optiarc DVD burner as well as an external Lite-on burner. I don't think the problem is with the burner however because I get the same results when trying to create an image file with the project. When I preview the project everything looks good, the menus work and slideshows play with music, however when I select Burn project to Disc is where I have the problems. It validates the project very quickly and then gives the option to burn to disc or save disc image file. Which ever option I select, it will proceed to the burn project popup which wll show two progress bars. The Overall Progress bar and the Current task bar both go to 100% very quickly and sometimes the Encoding preview window will show my first picture and sometimes it will remain blank. Eventhough it says it was succesfull no image file is created or nothing is burnt to the disc. I am using Vista Home Premium. I have tried a couple of Roxio's suggestions. I have updated burner firmware, installed recommended Roxio updates, and open system config and disabled all startup programs. I do not believe any of the files were moved. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

In MyDVD, at the top of the screen, click on Tools, then on Options, then click in the circle to the left of Software, under rendering, click OK. Then try burning.

Archived