• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Annoyance: Auto-eject On Roxio Creator Basic V9

StickMan172

Question

7 answers to this question

Yep, I know that.

This is a big enough annoyance that they both need to hear about it.

Annoyance is in the eye of beholder… It is a feature I relish as I have no use for a disc I have burned to stay in the computer and possibly become damaged…

It depends on the program you are using as Creator Classic does have the ability to turn off the eject under Burn Options – Advanced.

I don't mind if they make auto-eject the default. The annoyance, as I see it, is the fact that it can't be turned off. If I start a disk burning, and then leave, half the time I bump the disc tray with my chair when I return.

I wouldn't dare start a disk burning before leaving for the day as I take it for granted that the custodial staff would snap the tray off when they come through to empty trash bins.

I don't mind if they make auto-eject the default. The annoyance, as I see it, is the fact that it can't be turned off. If I start a disk burning, and then leave, half the time I bump the disc tray with my chair when I return.

I wouldn't dare start a disk burning before leaving for the day as I take it for granted that the custodial staff would snap the tray off when they come through to empty trash bins.

There's no way to reorient your machine so that the drawer isn't quite so "in the way" when it pops out? (And yes, I realize that doing so will typically make it less convenient to access the tray too.) Depending on your desk layout, I've also moved my PC to be on top of my desk. And again, I realize this doesn't solve the problem as you'd prefer, without ejecting the disc, but it may be a solution that works.

What program, in your version of the Roxio suite, are you using?

I have Roxio Creator Basic v9. It came pre-installed on an HP Workstation.

I have an annoyance I wanted to post - there is no option to turn off automatic eject when burning is complete. :angry:

You have a OEM Roxio version that came with your HP. All support for OEM versions comes from the supplier of the OEM (HP).

Archived