• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How Can I Create A Transparent Background In Videowave 9?

tiabradford

Question

Hello there,

This may be a pretty simple solution, but I have been unable to find an answer in the forums. I am creating a simple slideshow. It has a slow dissolve transition with pan & zoom features. I am going to be using this movie against a moving background in another program, so I need to have the background be transparent. By default, the timeline boxes have a solid black background color that can be changed by going to edit -> production settings. I however cannot have a solid color. This creates a problem because I have pictures that are very narrow, so the black edges show around the picture. Any help would be appreciated. Thankls

5 answers to this question

Put your slideshow on the main video track and then add you background video to the overlay track. You then can adjust the transparency of the overlay video. Both video of course have to be the same length

Thank you very much I will try this solution as the import option suggestion above still produced a solid looking image. Thank you both.

Thank you very much I will try this solution as the import option suggestion above still produced a solid looking image. Thank you both.

I can see how this will work, only it is over the pictures in the slideshow instead of under it. Is there a way to get the same effect of the overlay, only to have it go under the pictures? If I misunderstood your solution, can you give me a little walkthrough on how to do this? Thanks.

I can see how this will work, only it is over the pictures in the slideshow instead of under it. Is there a way to get the same effect of the overlay, only to have it go under the pictures? If I misunderstood your solution, can you give me a little walkthrough on how to do this? Thanks.

I am afraid I don't exactly understand what you are trying to do. :mellow:

Hello there,

This may be a pretty simple solution, but I have been unable to find an answer in the forums. I am creating a simple slideshow. It has a slow dissolve transition with pan & zoom features. I am going to be using this movie against a moving background in another program, so I need to have the background be transparent. By default, the timeline boxes have a solid black background color that can be changed by going to edit -> production settings. I however cannot have a solid color. This creates a problem because I have pictures that are very narrow, so the black edges show around the picture. Any help would be appreciated. Thankls

Put your slideshow on the main video track and then add you background video to the overlay track. You then can adjust the transparency of the overlay video. Both video of course have to be the same length

Archived