• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Blue Question Marks....

dstempak

Question

Hi everyone,

I have made several videowave slideshows and recently all my previews for fonts, transitions and overlays have been replaced by blue question marks. They still work when I drag them into the production and if I click on the arrow at the bottom of the icon, I do get to see a preview but I have to rely on my memory as to which one it is I think I want...I have tried to "repair" my installation as well as downloading the patch but nothing seems to work. I have not done anything on my computer that would have affected this.

You've all been quite helpful previously - I'm hoping someone else has had this problem and has figured out how to deal with it.

Thanks,

Diana

5 answers to this question

Yay!!! It worked! Thanks - I knew I'd be able to find help here. Now I don't have to rely on my memory to guess which transition I think I want and making this slide show will go a LOT faster.

Diana

Glad it worked for you Diana. I wasn't quite sure because normally when the MediaManager is corrupt, the transitions, overlays, effects, etc. are not visible at all, that is, totally blank with no blue question marks.

I do not know what causes the MediaManager to become corrupted, but it is a common occurrence. The good news it is easily fixed as you have seen.

Glas it worked for you Diana. I wasn't quite sure because normally when the MediaManager is corrupt, the transitions, overlays, effects, etc. are not visible at all, that is, totally blank with no blue question marks.

I do not know what causes the MediaManager to become corrupted, but it is a common occurrence. The good news it is easily fixed as you have seen.

I'm one of the few unfortunates...it didn't work for me and Roxio support could not help.

Janene

Hi everyone,

I have made several videowave slideshows and recently all my previews for fonts, transitions and overlays have been replaced by blue question marks. They still work when I drag them into the production and if I click on the arrow at the bottom of the icon, I do get to see a preview but I have to rely on my memory as to which one it is I think I want...I have tried to "repair" my installation as well as downloading the patch but nothing seems to work. I have not done anything on my computer that would have affected this.

You've all been quite helpful previously - I'm hoping someone else has had this problem and has figured out how to deal with it.

Thanks,

Diana

I am not sure if this will help, but it will not hurt to try. Your Media Manager may be corrupt and causing the loss of transitions, overlays, etc. Try this:

Note: Media Manager is a hidden file. Go to My Computer/Tools/Folder Options, click on View, scroll down to Hidden Files and folders, and click in the circle to the left of Show hidden files and folders. Click on Apply, then Ok.

a. Close all open applications, especially Roxio applications.

b. Open My Computer.

c. Click on the C: drive and browse to C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Roxio, where USERNAME is the name of the user you are currently logged in as.

d. Right click on the MediaManager folder and choose rename.

e. Name the folder MediaManager.old

f. Close My computer, reboot, and now open Videowave and see if the transitions, overlays, have returned.

Renaming the mediamanager will not cause any problems since it will be rebuilt when you open Videowave.

Let us know if that helps.

Archived