• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Lp/tape Assistant Won't Let Me Select Line In Input

Spindlebrook

Question

Hello,

New here...

Specs: Sony Vaio NR series laptop w/Realtek High Definition Audio soundcard.

I'm trying to convert cassettes to CDRs and have an RCA cable from Output on my tape deck to Line In to mic jack on my laptop. However, on the LP/Tape assistant, it only lists Master Volume as an input option. Audio from my tape player is unheard and no sound waves show up in the software.

If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, please let me know. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

5 answers to this question

Hello,

New here...

Specs: Sony Vaio NR series laptop w/Realtek High Definition Audio soundcard.

I'm trying to convert cassettes to CDRs and have an RCA cable from Output on my tape deck to Line In to mic jack on my laptop. However, on the LP/Tape assistant, it only lists Master Volume as an input option. Audio from my tape player is unheard and no sound waves show up in the software.

If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, please let me know. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

Have a look at this post http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...mp;#entry216437 there are quit a few comments in there, but read thru them and see if something is of help.

Have a look at this post http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...mp;#entry216437 there are quit a few comments in there, but read thru them and see if something is of help.

Thanks,

I've read that thread and have not found a solution.

I've downloaded the latest driver from Realtek, even tried hooking the tape deck up to a preamp and a USB cable. Absolutely nothing. When the USB is in, the Tape Assistant says "No Recording Device Found".

Also, I cannot find the Volume Control page that is shown in the thread. Double clicking on the speaker in the tray only allows me to adjust the speaker volume.

Frustrating? Hell yes. If anyone can help, that would be superb.

Thanks,

Brian

Thanks,

I've read that thread and have not found a solution.

I've downloaded the latest driver from Realtek, even tried hooking the tape deck up to a preamp and a USB cable. Absolutely nothing. When the USB is in, the Tape Assistant says "No Recording Device Found".

Also, I cannot find the Volume Control page that is shown in the thread. Double clicking on the speaker in the tray only allows me to adjust the speaker volume.

Frustrating? Hell yes. If anyone can help, that would be superb.

Thanks,

Brian

Is this were you got the latest driver from http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloads...p;GetDown=false

Update:

I finally have it working, somewhat.

When I would play audio, I would hear nothing. When I tried a trial recording, I could play back the file and hear what I just missed. Hmm... and then everything would be badly distorted. I remedied that by turning down the mic input level and running the tape cable through the preamp and using it as a mixing board.

Macgyver would be proud.

Thanks for the guidance,

Brian

Archived