• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning To Iso Hangs At 99%

Loneriver

Question

I am using EMC10 (MyDVD 10) to create home movies in XP. I have been taking a wmv file, adding to a project, adding some chapters and then burning to an ISO file. Then I burn that ISO file to a DVD. I have done probably 25 successfully over the last 9 months.

All of a sudden with the latest one I am creating I am having problems. First, the custom menu style that I have been using was strange this time. The music was back to the default and the placement of the static image of my video was in a different spot. I was able to recover that by basically tweaking the "corrupt" menu back to look like my original.

Then when I went to burn to ISO, it got to 99% encoding and just hangs there. I tried to re-burn that project to ISO 2 more times with the same result (even after a reboot). I then decided to recreate the entire project (using the same wmv and menu style) and got the same again. I then created a new project using the same wmv but a different standard menu and got the same again.

Any suggestions? Maybe just need to re-install Roxio?

7 answers to this question

I had a similar problem. I was burning direct to disc though, not iso.

Created a two movie compilation in MyDVD. It would hang at 99% while encoding the preview of the second movie.

Tried rebooting, relaunching etc.. nothing worked.

As an experiment tried deleting the second movie, resaving and then burning the disc with just the first movie. It worked, no problems.

Started over trying to make the compilation again. I realized that in my menu, I had changed the name of the link to the second movie. It did not match the source mpegs file name. I didnt like the name of the source file, it wasnt pretty enough :) I tried renaming the source mpeg then did not change the name on the menu page. So the link title and the source were exactly the same.

Ran a burn and it worked. No hang at 99%.

I have no idea if this actually solved the problem, but the DVD works so.....

Good luck

Thank you for contributing but it has nothing to do with Loneriver's problem and your suggestion will do absolutely nothing to help them…

Have tried burning your movie without a menu to an iso file? That might tell if the problem is with the menu or something with the movie

Yes, I actually started a new project with an entirely different wmv file as my movie (one that I had used succesfully in the past) and it still hangs at the end of encoding.

Roxio support asked me to delete temp files in certain directories but there were hardly any in there since I regularly do that anyway. No other support from Roxio. I think this forum is my only hope. Thanks.

So, I did a complete uninstall following the link you gave above. Then re-installed the EMC10 software. Same result. Hangs at about 98% encoding while burning to iso file.

Then I went to the Roxio website and downloaded the EMC10 software update. Ran the update software and now have the latest (Build 112B26A ENU). Again, hangs in the same spot. Any other suggestions? Thanks again for your support.

So, I did a complete uninstall following the link you gave above. Then re-installed the EMC10 software. Same result. Hangs at about 98% encoding while burning to iso file.

Then I went to the Roxio website and downloaded the EMC10 software update. Ran the update software and now have the latest (Build 112B26A ENU). Again, hangs in the same spot. Any other suggestions? Thanks again for your support.

Have tried burning your movie without a menu to an iso file? That might tell if the problem is with the menu or something with the movie

I had a similar problem. I was burning direct to disc though, not iso.

Created a two movie compilation in MyDVD. It would hang at 99% while encoding the preview of the second movie.

Tried rebooting, relaunching etc.. nothing worked.

As an experiment tried deleting the second movie, resaving and then burning the disc with just the first movie. It worked, no problems.

Started over trying to make the compilation again. I realized that in my menu, I had changed the name of the link to the second movie. It did not match the source mpegs file name. I didnt like the name of the source file, it wasnt pretty enough :) I tried renaming the source mpeg then did not change the name on the menu page. So the link title and the source were exactly the same.

Ran a burn and it worked. No hang at 99%.

I have no idea if this actually solved the problem, but the DVD works so.....

Good luck

In MyDVD – Tools – Options, click the button under Proxy files to Clear.

Close, reopen, and load your project and give it a try.

If that doesn't work, and someone hasn't offered some other things to try, use the Clean Install procedure – Here

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already tried that as well. I will try to clean install in a few days if there are no other suggestions.

Archived