• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc 9 And 10 Disk Copier Hangs On Every Mouse Click

Beal

Question

Hello. I am running on Vista SP1 and have all the latest divers and Direct X. After many iterations I have been able to install EMC 10 and run most applications without issue except the app I use most often: Disk Copier. The app hangs for up to 2 minutes with every mouse click. I reverted to EMC 9 to find out the same issue resides there. I most commonly burn disks copying images I have made from video files. But it hangs on every mouse click when sellecting any option in the dialogue box whether it be selecting a source file location, burn speed, number of copies, or checking the options box to copy data (ROM) content from source. Once I have suffered through this anoying process it burns disks quite nicely with no errors to date but if you have a solution please let me know. I can find no clues in Roxio's knowledge base or any mention of this in the users forums. Thanks for any help you can give

1 answer to this question

Hello. I am running on Vista SP1 and have all the latest divers and Direct X. After many iterations I have been able to install EMC 10 and run most applications without issue except the app I use most often: Disk Copier. The app hangs for up to 2 minutes with every mouse click. I reverted to EMC 9 to find out the same issue resides there. I most commonly burn disks copying images I have made from video files. But it hangs on every mouse click when sellecting any option in the dialogue box whether it be selecting a source file location, burn speed, number of copies, or checking the options box to copy data (ROM) content from source. Once I have suffered through this anoying process it burns disks quite nicely with no errors to date but if you have a solution please let me know. I can find no clues in Roxio's knowledge base or any mention of this in the users forums. Thanks for any help you can give

How much free and defragged space do you have on the hard drive you are copying from? It may be a staging problem.

Disk Copier is not in EMC 10; it is in EMC 9 but why are you using that to copy images to a disc? Are yuo talking about copying an ISO file?

Try using Creator Classic to copy the images to the disc.

Archived