How Do You Set The Region In My Dvd?

grandnat

Question

I have burned loads of DVDs out of AVI files and have never had this happen before.

Today I created a DVD and when trying to play it - it said that it would only play on a Region 1 player - my DVD player is Region 2.

Every other AVI fle I have ever made into a DVD has been created in the correct region.

I have recently had to reinstall Roxio after problems and wondered whether I have reset something - but I cannot find any mention of regions in any of the help topics.

How do I set the region when creating a DVD from an AVI or DIVX file?

4 answers to this question

Region 1 is the US and Canada. Region 2 is Western, Central Europe, Japan and a few others. You should be able to change the region on a PC DVD drive but normally you have up to 5 total changes. Some areas of the world have region free drives.

Open Device Manager.

Click the plus sign (+) next to the DVD/CD-ROM Drives category.

Right-click on the DVD drive and select Properties.

Click the DVD Region tab.

Select a region from the Country List and click OK.

There is no need to do any regio changes for a DVD created via myDVD - it is playable in all regions.

I have burned loads of DVDs out of AVI files and have never had this happen before.

Today I created a DVD and when trying to play it - it said that it would only play on a Region 1 player - my DVD player is Region 2.

Every other AVI fle I have ever made into a DVD has been created in the correct region.

I have recently had to reinstall Roxio after problems and wondered whether I have reset something - but I cannot find any mention of regions in any of the help topics.

How do I set the region when creating a DVD from an AVI or DIVX file?

As far as I know, myDVD does not do any region setting, ie. a DVD created by myDVD is "set" to be playable in all regions.

The video format has nothing to do with region codes.

Region 1 is the US and Canada. Region 2 is Western, Central Europe, Japan and a few others. You should be able to change the region on a PC DVD drive but normally you have up to 5 total changes. Some areas of the world have region free drives.

Open Device Manager.

Click the plus sign (+) next to the DVD/CD-ROM Drives category.

Right-click on the DVD drive and select Properties.

Click the DVD Region tab.

Select a region from the Country List and click OK.

Archived