How To: Mp3 File More Than Once On One Cd

dvejr

Question

I'm new to the program, so please excuse this if it has been asked and answered before. I searched the discussions but did not find this.

I want to burn a collection of mp3 files to a CD-ROM to use as sleep music in my bedroom radio. There will be 70 or more songs on the disc. I prefer that some songs appear on the disc more than once. In other words, songs might be in the order:

a, b, c, b, d, e, b, f, g, b, h, i, j etc.

Using the "data and backup" function, then the data disc subfunction, I can easily move files to the burn list - BUT ONLY ONCE. any attempt to list the file again gets me an error message to the effect that a similarly-named file already exisits, and do I wnt to overwrite it.

How can I do what I wish?

Doug

3 answers to this question

I'm new to the program, so please excuse this if it has been asked and answered before. I searched the discussions but did not find this.

I want to burn a collection of mp3 files to a CD-ROM to use as sleep music in my bedroom radio. There will be 70 or more songs on the disc. I prefer that some songs appear on the disc more than once. In other words, songs might be in the order:

a, b, c, b, d, e, b, f, g, b, h, i, j etc.

Using the "data and backup" function, then the data disc subfunction, I can easily move files to the burn list - BUT ONLY ONCE. any attempt to list the file again gets me an error message to the effect that a similarly-named file already exisits, and do I wnt to overwrite it.

How can I do what I wish?

Doug

You will have to make copies on your hard drive of the songs you want to burn several times. For example, for song b you would have to have a song b, b1,b2, etc.

Just like in Windows, you cannot copy the same file to the same directory without giving the file a new name.

You can do this in Media Disc Creator (MDC) without re-naming the tracks)

In MDC, select MP3/WMA disc.

Add the Audio tracks, including the ones you wish to repeat, and sort them into the order you wish to play them.

Edit each audio tag so that the track number reflects the order in which you wish to play them (right click on each song in turn and it will bring up the relevant screen).

You may have to check the box 'embed or replace tags inside the audio files'.

When done, burn the disc.

You may wish to try a test with a few songs on a re-writable disc to ensure it achieves the result you want before going ahead with the whole project.

GBR

You can do this in Media Disc Creator (MDC) without re-naming the tracks)

In MDC, select MP3/WMA disc.

Add the Audio tracks, including the ones you wish to repeat, and sort them into the order you wish to play them.

Edit each audio tag so that the track number reflects the order in which you wish to play them (right click on each song in turn and it will bring up the relevant screen).

You may have to check the box 'embed or replace tags inside the audio files'.

When done, burn the disc.

You may wish to try a test with a few songs on a re-writable disc to ensure it achieves the result you want before going ahead with the whole project.

GBR

Alternately, if your player supports a playlist (.M3U) file, you could create the playlist and include the track(s) you want however many times you desire, and only need one copy of the track on the disc. But that will be dependent on the player.

Archived