• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxioemc10contentcd_3833ba50sqa.exe

billeboy

Question

I installed the 10.1 update to hopefully resolve a problem I was having. I followed the clean install procedure; the program installed; I rebooted; and everything seems to run properly. I try to install the content with RoxioEMC10ContentCD_3833BA50SQA.exe, but I receive the error - RoxioEMC10ContentCD_3833BA50SQA.exe is not a valid win32 application.

I am running windows xp (32 bit version). Any help is appreciated.

3 answers to this question

That sounds like a corrupt file - do you have the download or the box version?

If download, extract the files with winrar or winzip (it's a self-extracting archive) and run setup from there - if it fails to extract, then the archive is faulty

If the boxed set, try copying the files to a temp folder on the hard drive and, again, run setup.exe from there. If it fails to copy and gives an error message, then the CD is faulty

That sounds like a corrupt file - do you have the download or the box version?

If download, extract the files with winrar or winzip (it's a self-extracting archive) and run setup from there - if it fails to extract, then the archive is faulty

If the boxed set, try copying the files to a temp folder on the hard drive and, again, run setup.exe from there. If it fails to copy and gives an error message, then the CD is faulty

Yes, it seems as if the content file from the 10.1 update page is corrupt. I tried more than once to download it, and it did download successfully, so I bet the file there is bad. Doesn't Roxio test this stuff? After trying to run the file, I even tried to open Roxioemc10contentcd_3833ba50sqa.exe as an archive (after changing it to a .zip file), but Winzip 9 told me that the file was not an archive file.

Thankfully I do have the boxed CD. I was able to browse to the EMC_CONTENT10 folder and install only the content from there. One would think that the content could be installed from the main installer when a custom install is selected, but it can't. Maybe by version 15 they will figure that out.

I am happy to say that installing the 10.1 update did amazingly seem to eliminate the error I encountered when trying to burn a MyDVD project.

As someone who has downloaded the file, I can assure you it's not 'bad'.

I downloaded with Firefox and flashgot with no problem. Did you use a download accelerator? If so, they don't work (there's only one server).

Archived