Adding Information To A Picture But Not On The Picture

HeartAndSoul

Question

4 answers to this question

Which program do you want to do this in? You can add comments in Media Manager. These will not show up at all on your images but only in their Properties. In VideoWave, you can add a text effect and type in whatever you want, then right click on it in the Timeline and click Disable in the context menu. It will be there but not viewable. Or, you could slide the text effect in the Preview window all the way down into the Overscan area.

I've been using PhotoSuite, which is doing a great job for everything I want to do. I'm trying to preserve the pictures with people in mind who may not be very computer literate. My dad, for example, won't know anything about looking in Properties, and he wouldn't have the patience to go the extra step, either. It would be best if I could have the text below the picture so anyone could easily see who the people are without doing anything else.

I've been using PhotoSuite, which is doing a great job for everything I want to do. I'm trying to preserve the pictures with people in mind who may not be very computer literate. My dad, for example, won't know anything about looking in Properties, and he wouldn't have the patience to go the extra step, either. It would be best if I could have the text below the picture so anyone could easily see who the people are without doing anything else.

In PhotoSuite, click on Tools > Edit Canvas. Now in the Edit Canvas dialog box, just add maybe one inch (or more/less) to the height dimension and click OK. The inch will be added to the bottom of the image and you can add whatever information you want there by using the Text tool.

Edited by karri

In PhotoSuite, click on Tools > Edit Canvas. Now in the Edit Canvas dialog box, just add maybe one inch (or more/less) to the height dimension and click OK. The inch will be added to the bottom of the image and you can add whatever information you want there by using the Text tool.

Perfect. That works great. Thank you, very much.