Mac Os Error. Result Code = -5001

oldmachead

Question

Hello

I'm infrequently receiving this error (Mac OS error. Result code = -5001) at the end of a DVD burn. The burned disc does not eject.

The finished product seems to be OK. I am just puzzled at the error.

Does anyone have an explanation?

Toast 8

Mac OSX 10.5.4

Quicksilver - G4, 867Mhz

1.12GB RAM

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

what kind of burner? internal of external? what kind of media?

Pioneer 110, Internal

Philips DVD+R DL or HP SL is what I use for media

Try saving the DVD as a disc image then burn the image to DVD and see if that helps.

I can do that ... but I'm more puzzled/curious about what prompts that error msg -- or what it means.

Thanks

I can do that ... but I'm more puzzled/curious about what prompts that error msg -- or what it means.

Thanks

A reasonable guess is that the firmware of your Pioneer drive does not fully support the formulation of the media you are using. You might check if a firmware update is available for your drive. There is information in the F.A.Q. at xlr8yourmac.com regarding how to flash firmware updates on a Mac for Pioneer drives. Alternatively you could switch to Verbatim DVD+R DL media which should be more compatible. I'm more surprised you're also seeing the error with the HP single-layer discs although I've never used that brand. Maybe choosing a burn speed slower than Best can help. The burn speed is chosen after the blank disc is inserted and recognized by Toast.

Archived