Dvd Conversion - No Audio Second Half

Wing123

Question

Here's a problem that's been bugging me for sometime, and I'd appreciate any help you can offer to solve it.

The Scenario:

I'm using the Video Compilation option of Roxio Video Copy & Convert in EMC 10 to make a DVD from two AVI files. I add the two movies, set the destination format to DVD and set the Output to the File/Folder option. I use the Options menu to set to NTSC, and then use the Save As option to choose the destination folder.

All of this works very well, and in time I have a DVD folder with my movie which I can either burn to DVD or watch directly on my computer.

The Problem:

When I watch the movie, the audio plays great for the first half of the movie (i.e. the first AVI file), but I have no audio at all for the second half (i.e from the second AVI file.)

I'm using VISTA Ultimate Edition and the funny thing is if I boot to XP and do the same thing with my aging copy of Roxio EMC 7.5, it works great and both AVIs convert to the DVD format with all the audio from both files intact. This of course means that the problem is not the AVI files.

The Solution?

I'm not sure if this is a ROXIO EMC 10 problem, or a VISTA problem, of something stupid that I'm doing, or not doing. What do you think? Has anyone out there had similar problems converting two or more files this way?

Thanks in advance for your help. B)

2 answers to this question

As a test: Test1, use MyDVD and add the same 2 movies to the same Title Button. (Control Click to select both at the same time);

Test2, use VideoWave and add the 2 files, Save, then use MyDVD to burn the VW dmsm file.

Of course RW media would be wise for this…

Any change?

As a test: Test1, use MyDVD and add the same 2 movies to the same Title Button. (Control Click to select both at the same time);

Test2, use VideoWave and add the 2 files, Save, then use MyDVD to burn the VW dmsm file.

Of course RW media would be wise for this…

Any change?

Thanks for the suggestions, Jim. I'll give them a try and report back when I get a chance.

I haven't used either VideoWave or MyDVD very much as my main intent is usually only to first convert and then burn the AVIs to DVD. Rarely do I add menus and so on to my finished product. I just follow the KISS principle, I guess. ;)

Archived