• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problems With Update And Creator Classic

kniht

Having problems updating Roxio 6. Home>>Advanced Configurations>>Updates>>Check Now. Shows updates axailable for Creator Classic, Label Creator, Drag to Disc, and Engine Updater shows a check mark but is faded out. Press "Download and Install", CD Engine Update downloading, but stops at "2.11e - 002%.

Will not download updates.

Another problem is with Creator Classic. "Cannot initialize API" when splash screen appears. Uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times using "Roxizap" after uninstall all 3 times. Registered dll's. Used roxassist.exe. Updated the firmware for the NEC 3540A Drive.

If I go int Device Manager and disable the NEC 3540A Drive, I am able to get into "Creator Classic" without "Cannot initialize API" popping up.

Any help to teach an old vet new tricks will be greatly appreciated.

Alright, I was able to update. Now with such fine updates from such a fine software Roxio puts out, I was able at least to use the "Disc Copier" before the updates, can't use it now after the updates. Not only do I get "unable to initialize API" with Creator Classic, I get the same with Disc Copier!!!! I've never had so much trouble with a piece of software as I have had with Roxio.

I run a business and if I were to put out products like this, my business would definitely go under.

Why was I able to use "Disc Copier" before the updates, and now I can't.

Alright, I was able to update. Now with such fine updates from such a fine software Roxio puts out, I was able at least to use the "Disc Copier" before the updates, can't use it now after the updates. Not only do I get "unable to initialize API" with Creator Classic, I get the same with Disc Copier!!!! I've never had so much trouble with a piece of software as I have had with Roxio.

I run a business and if I were to put out products like this, my business would definitely go under.

Why was I able to use "Disc Copier" before the updates, and now I can't.

Clarify which Roxio version number you have installed - the version number can be found by going to the program in question (Creator Classic), clicking on "help" at the top, and then "about.

One other thing that I have noticed, whether it has anything to do with my problem, is I go into C:/Program Files/Common Files/Roxio Shared/Upgrade/Roxupdate.exe - double left click on Roxupdate.exe, nothing happens. Just thought I'd throw that one in the mix.

OOOOOOOK, here we go again, got RoxUpdate. exe to work. Noticed on the Roxio drive support site my NEC 3540A was not on the list of supported drives. Downloaded and installed the drive update (171kb), still no luck.

Have checked my system for malware, viruses, etc. using NOD32, Ewido, Adaware, Spybot, and M$ antispyware, did an online scan with Trend Micro, system is clean. Last reinstall of Roxio, I completely disabled Kerio4 firewall and all virus and spyware software, just in case their may have been some kind of conflict, all to no avail.

Figure if I keep talking to myself long enough on this forum, eventually I'll figure out the problem of "Cannot initialize API"

message I get at the start of Creator Classic.

Archived