Magikthise

Not At All Impressed W/emc 10

Question

What the heck happened to this software?! The greatest things about EMC 7 were ease of use and being full-featured, in that a person could literally jump right into the program, start editing video and end up with a pretty reasonable production (I created 16 separate video productions with EMC 7 without any major problems). The only reason why I upgraded to EMC 10 is because I trusted the earlier product's reputation.

But with EMC 10 things seem to be a lot more complicated:

Slllloooooowwwww performance - 30+ seconds to open or close a component?! 20+ seconds for any production changes to occur?!

Choppy video and sound using VideoWave (and no matter what I've tried, I haven't been able to fix it).

Adding text (what are 'Internal Tracks'? - with EMC 7 you simply dragged the 'Text' icon over to the particular frame, added and edited the text and clicked 'Done').

What happened to DVDBuilder?! It was so easy to use it was almost idiot-proof!

You guys just couldn't leave well enough alone!http://forums.support.roxio.com/style_emoticons/default/angry.gif

If I thought I could get a refund on EMC 10 I think I would, and go back to using EMC 7.

For the record, I'm not a complainer. Tthis is the absolutely first time I've been so dissatisfied with a software product that I've actually sounded off on a forum.

Please, make me a believer again!

My custom-built (meaning not a brand name package) computer:

Intel m/b with 82801BA/82802/82845 chipsets

Intel 1.6gb processor

512mb RAM

ATI Radeon 7000 series video card

Soundblaster Live! soundcard

Three physical HD's - 80gb/200gb/300gb

ALL drivers have been updated to the latest available, and yes, I've shut off all background programs.

Remember, EMC 7 ran almost flawlessly for the nine years I used it!!

5 answers to this question

Guest ml

If you downloaded the program from the internet, you can get your money back if you do it within Roxio's time limits.

Most of us are all end users on this forum. You need to complain directly to Roxio.

With 512MB RAM and a 1.6 Ghz processor, I'm a bit surprised that the program runs at all. Unfortunately, EMC 10 requires many more computer resources than v 7 in order for it to run properly.

In either VideoWave or MyDVD go under Tools – Options – Render and set it to Software.

That may fix everything you mentioned. Let us know.

Intel 1.6gb processor

512mb RAM

30 day return policy if you bought direct from Roxio.

Here is a thread talking about realistic system requirements for EMC10.

What the heck happened to this software?! The greatest things about EMC 7 were ease of use and being full-featured, in that a person could literally jump right into the program, start editing video and end up with a pretty reasonable production (I created 16 separate video productions with EMC 7 without any major problems). The only reason why I upgraded to EMC 10 is because I trusted the earlier product's reputation.

You guys just couldn't leave well enough alone!http://forums.support.roxio.com/style_emoticons/default/angry.gif

Please, make me a believer again!

Intel 1.6gb processor

512mb RAM

ALL drivers have been updated to the latest available, and yes, I've shut off all background programs.

EMC 7 was/is great, but it doesn't handle 16:9 video, or I would be using it, for video editing, instead of EMC 10.

You are talking to a user forum, and we didn't do anything to the software. :) Sonic did.

And, as has been mentioned, in one of the other posts, your computer doesn't have the horses to run EMC 10, for video work.

Edited by grandpabruce

nine years? EMC 7 was released in 2004 though. Anyhow, glad EMC 7 ran flawlessly on your old computer.

However, with a slow processor and low system memory as well as video memory (likely 32MB), your computer is certainly not up to standard for video work and the permance issue is expected.