• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Menu Plays All Movies Without Returning To Menu To Allow Selecting

lvharleygal

Question

I have recently upgraded from EMC 8 to EMC 10. i have created a slideshow/movie in MyDVD.

I did not create an Intro Movie. I have the first "page" I have a main title with 4 menu buttons (1 is slideshow, the other 3 are all video clips) on the next sub-menu ( i think it's called) i have 4 more movie menu buttons.

the first page has the arrow to go to the next page and the second page has the "home" button.

When i play the dvd, the first page comes up and is animated with music and short previews of the contents in each of the titles just as i'd like it to be.

my problem is that once i select a button and it begins to play, it plays through the whole dvd and never returns to the menu. i have searched and searched and am unable to get it to only play one menu selection at a time. I never had this issue in EMC8 MyDVD.

In the "preview" window, i've clicked on the menu button and in the settings view, i've checked and unchecked "activate on selection" this seems to make no difference. I've tried to change the "after playing" link to be the main title or i guess you might call it the "root" title. nothing seems to work.

Hoping someone can help me with this. I've got everything just the way i want it and need to get it finished.

Thank You. :rolleyes:

7 answers to this question

Thanks for your quick response! I've been working on this for days now and am sooooooooooooo frustrated. ... it makes sense, what you suggested and i've done it. However, now the "go to" link says

not only the name of the link i want it to be attached with, but it says "and remaining movies" which seems to make sense why it just continues to play all the movies instead of going back to the link.

I cannot figure out how to make it say only the title of the "slideshow" or "movie". Also... when i check settings on the title menu, the options are greyed out so i cannot change anything there.

need more help!!! thank you.

Thanks for your quick response! I've been working on this for days now and am sooooooooooooo frustrated. ... it makes sense, what you suggested and i've done it. However, now the "go to" link says

not only the name of the link i want it to be attached with, but it says "and remaining movies" which seems to make sense why it just continues to play all the movies instead of going back to the link.

I cannot figure out how to make it say only the title of the "slideshow" or "movie". Also... when i check settings on the title menu, the options are greyed out so i cannot change anything there.

need more help!!! thank you.

Your getting too frustrated to see the forest for the trees.

Look at this screen cap:

post-39730-1218560835.jpg

The settings for Test Cap_Movie2 will cause that clip to play if selected. At the end of that clip, it will return to the choice I pick.

If I pick Use Title Action, then it returns to the My Menu 2 with Test Cap_Movie2 selected.

If I pick My Menu 2 it returns to the My Menu 2 page with nothing selected

If I pick My Menu it returns to the first My Menu page with nothing selected

The other selections, 'Go to': = the clip you picked and 'Play from': = Chapter 1 are correct for normal use.

Hi...

I so appreciate your response and help. i have studied what you showed me and i believe i understand. However, when i pull down the menu on the settings, the

"go to" arrow, all the menus listed have the following words after the menu name "and remaining movies".

I believe if i could get rid of the "and remaining movies" that my problem would be solved. I don't have a clue how to change it so it only gives me the option of playing the menu that i want, not the "menu and remaining movies".

Can you advise how i can type in the selection i want or get that to change from example:

"slideshow and remaining movies" to just "slideshow" ???

your help is appreciated. thank you

Archived