• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Card

jwstanek

Question

2 answers to this question

I'm in the process of upgrading to EMC 8 and was wondering if my video card will work okay. It is an ATI Radeon All-in-wonder 8500DV.

EMC 8 really relies on your video card to help run the program so a good one - not necessarily an expensive one - is a must.

In computer terms, that is a pretty old card -2001/2002 information. From what I can find, it has only 64Mb on board memory and may not fully support DirectX 9©. The information I found referred to DirectX 7. I found that ATI support was very good and may be the best place to confirm the above information. If you have any money left over, you might want to buy a new card -they are cheaper that the original cost of that card. Look for something that supports DirectX 9© and had at least 128Mb memory.

Having said that, there seems to be a problem for some people who have ATI cards in that (again for some but not all) the program crashes when they add a third title in MyDVD. Some experience this with only the default menu-Brook> Others seem to have it all the time. I had it with an ATI AIW card, solved it and then got a new computer with an nVidia card. I'm having some other "issues" with it but 99% of the program works well.

EMC 8 really relies on your video card to help run the program so a good one - not necessarily an expensive one - is a must.

In computer terms, that is a pretty old card -2001/2002 information. From what I can find, it has only 64Mb on board memory and may not fully support DirectX 9©. The information I found referred to DirectX 7. I found that ATI support was very good and may be the best place to confirm the above information. If you have any money left over, you might want to buy a new card -they are cheaper that the original cost of that card. Look for something that supports DirectX 9© and had at least 128Mb memory.

Having said that, there seems to be a problem for some people who have ATI cards in that (again for some but not all) the program crashes when they add a third title in MyDVD. Some experience this with only the default menu-Brook> Others seem to have it all the time. I had it with an ATI AIW card, solved it and then got a new computer with an nVidia card. I'm having some other "issues" with it but 99% of the program works well.

Thanks.