• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Popcorn Won't Pick Up The Whole Video

Party is Saturday

Question

The 50th anniversary of my parents is friday, I would like to do a nice music video from the old 8m movie of their wedding, My mom had the video put on tape and then later on DVD through a Sony DVD recorder. When I try to Popcorn the video into a iPod file I am getting only half of the 3 minutes. The other half including the wedding vows is just missing. I have pulled the Video TS folder over and tried to make the file from that folder as well but same problem. I wouldn't even care if it were separate videos. I just need the whole thing. Its not like its two files, just one. I have no idea how to fix this. What good is this product if it can't capture the whole video?

Desperate -

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Standalone DVD recorders often create timecode breaks in the video file that can sometimes cause problems for Popcorn and Toast. The first thing to try is choose Video files as the format, insert the DVD, select DVD with the top button of the Media Browser and then drag to the main window whatever appears in the browser window. Popcorn then extracts the MPEG video files from the DVD. Now export to iPod.

If that doesn't work you'll need to use MPEG Streamclip to fix the timecode breaks. MPEG Streamclip is free but it also requires Apple's QuickTime MPEG 2 Playback Component which you can download from Apple for $20. Open the DVD in Streamclip, choose Fix timecode breaks (in the File menu) and choose Save. Use the saved MPEG file in Popcorn to export to iPod. You also can export to iPod format directly from MPEG Streamclip.

Standalone DVD recorders often create timecode breaks in the video file that can sometimes cause problems for Popcorn and Toast. The first thing to try is choose Video files as the format, insert the DVD, select DVD with the top button of the Media Browser and then drag to the main window whatever appears in the browser window. Popcorn then extracts the MPEG video files from the DVD. Now export to iPod.

If that doesn't work you'll need to use MPEG Streamclip to fix the timecode breaks. MPEG Streamclip is free but it also requires Apple's QuickTime MPEG 2 Playback Component which you can download from Apple for $20. Open the DVD in Streamclip, choose Fix timecode breaks (in the File menu) and choose Save. Use the saved MPEG file in Popcorn to export to iPod. You also can export to iPod format directly from MPEG Streamclip.

Thank you Thank you Thank YOU! Streamclip worked beautifully! I am so happy - now my parents Anniversary party will be complete

Thank you ever so much on my behalf and their's though they don't know it yet

Archived