• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What Next?

tbrewst

Chocolate is the only thing keeping this world living. Get rid of chocolate and I'm jumping out a tall building.

When I was young, we somehow survived all the peanuts, lead paint, brown recluse spider problems and just went on. PC is still rearing it's head these days.

You'd think that by the time they were in school the parents could teach them not to eat other kids lunches.And if they can understand that then they should be able to understand not to eat peanut butter.

If they can't understand any of that then maybe they should be in a different school.

Many products I buy are now labeled as "manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts etc.". Traces of peanuts can also be transferred in a kitchen where peanuts are being used. How do you avoid that if it's a "silent" ingredient.

I find it outrageous that peanuts are verboten while GMOS are rampant. Here are two litters of mice. One from the control mother fed 'normal' food and one from a mother fed GMO soy.

soy_mice_big.jpg

Lost your appetite yet? (I should put this in my sig.)

Many products I buy are now labeled as "manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts etc.". Traces of peanuts can also be transferred in a kitchen where peanuts are being used. How do you avoid that if it's a "silent" ingredient.

I find it outrageous that peanuts are verboten while GMOS are rampant. Here are two litters of mice. One from the control mother fed 'normal' food and one from a mother fed GMO soy.

soy_mice_big.jpg

Lost your appetite yet? (I should put this in my sig.)

Thos pictures prove nothing either way :blink:

Question (and I haven't followed the other link), was the mother that was fed "normally" fed only non-GMO soy, or some "normal" diet? The question goes back to, is soy a normal part of a mouse diet, and how do they do when fed "only" soy?

You'd think that by the time they were in school the parents could teach them not to eat other kids lunches.And if they can understand that then they should be able to understand not to eat peanut butter.

If they can't understand any of that then maybe they should be in a different school.

Part of the issue is that some people are so allergic that even the smell can bring on a dangerous reaction. (And I'm not advocating a ban on peanut butter, it's a staple in our house too.) So, whether or not they're actually eating someone else's lunch, inadvertent exposure can be a problem.

Question (and I haven't followed the other link), was the mother that was fed "normally" fed only non-GMO soy, or some "normal" diet? The question goes back to, is soy a normal part of a mouse diet, and how do they do when fed "only" soy?

During the experiment, doctor Ermakova added GM soy flour to the food of female rats two weeks before conception, during conception and nursing. In the control group were the rat females that were not added anything to their food. The experiment was formed by 3 groups of 3 female rats in each: the first one was control group, the second one was the group with GM-soy addition, and the third one with traditional soy addition. The scientists counted the number of female species to give birth and the number of born and died rats.

After the result of the first stage, the second part took place. Now the rats were divided into two groups – one with GM-soy addition in their food, and other without the GM-soy. In three weeks the scientists received following results:

Additions --------- Females that gave birth - Born rats Dead rats (in three weeks) ----- Percent of dead rats --- Rats still alive

Control group ------------- 4 (of 6) ---------------- 44 ---------------------- 3 ------------------------------------------ 6,8% ---------------- 41

With GM-soy --------------- 4 (of 6) ---------------- 45 ---------------------- 25 ---------------------------------------- 55,6% -------------- 20

With normal soy -----------3 (of 3) ---------------- 33 ---------------------- 3 ------------------------------------------ 9% ------------------ 30

Thus, according to these results, the abnormally high level of posterity death has been detected at the posterity of the female species with GM-soy added to their food. And 36% percent of born rats weighed less than 20 grams that is an evidence of their extremely weak condition.

"The morphology and biochemical structures of rats are very similar to those of humans, and this makes the results we obtained very disturbing," said Irina Ermakova to NAGS press office. According to NAGS Vice-president Aleksey Kulikov, the data received by Dr.Ermakova confirm the necessity of full scale tests of GM-products influence over living creatures.

This quote is from the original announcement of this research in 2005. Had to futz with the formatting to get the chart to read correctly.

I agree. One of our relatives was allergic to milk products, corn, and bananas.

Until she grew out of the food allergies, she knew enough not to eat those products because it would make her sick. Parents at birthday parties would apologize because they felt bad when she wouldn't eat the ice cream. Gradually the parents learned that she would find something that she liked to eat from their menu and stopped worrying about it.

Can you imagine trying to ban corn and milk products from school because some children are allergic to them? Many children are allergic to corn and milk products and most of the school lunches are loaded with corn flour and milk products.

I can't imagine not being able to give a kid a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to take to school. What is this world coming to? :rolleyes:

Archived