Corkie

Re: New Website For Making Photoshows On Line

Question

Hello everyone again. I received a reply finally from Photoshow re my problem of not being able to upload and play after 11 days. All they told me was to check my firewalls and security etc. I had already done that, but I dutifully re-checked that they were all off again and NO it did not work. Never did they tell me I have to make a photoshow on line! Never did they tell me they had changed their procedure to making photoshows on line now.

But after getting my information on the Forum, I did go in and try to make a show on the web site as I was told we now have to do. For 2.5 hours my computer upload 45 pictures, then when it was fininished uploading I pressed the next category, Personalize. Nothing happened, but I thought maybe it will take some time as well so just left my computer spinning and spinning, but nothing happened after two hours. So I cannot make photoshows on line either.

I still got the same message of

"error 354

Photoshow exe, Application error.

0X6614200

reference memory at 0X66814200.

The memory cannot be read"

I went in to answer my case no and found they had closed my file! So what do I do now??

corkie

12 answers to this question

It sounds like you have several questions.

1.) editing a show

Answer: You can edit a Show in the PhotoShow program and online. The online editing tool does not have as many features. If you have the program, it is recommended that you edit your Shows there. If you edit online you may spend some time uploading your photos one by one. This may be what you were referring too.

2.) You found an error in the PhotoShow program.

Answer: The error you refer to is quite specific and is not suited for this topic. Please contact support and add any information, errors or prompts you may have.

Hi again,

I had problems with uploading a couple of times. The first time, it took over 4 hours (and I had started after 11 p.m. after finishing my show in the program and trying twice to upload it, I went to the web page to see if it had uploaded, and that's when I discovered that it had to be created from scratch on line) then my i.e. suddenly disconnected, and all was lost! I went to Roxio help page, but still haven't had a reply in a week. Anyway, when I tried again, it worked, but sometimes, it doesn't work...try uploading only 25 pictures or so at a time if they are large (digital camera) size. Then work on the show, then choose edit, add a few more, etc. I can't guarntee that will work 100% either, since I have found that sometimes the program doesn't seem to work in the editing screen.

I received an email advertisement today from Roxio, explaining that they now have the program options on line. It costs $39 or so per year to subscribe. They said in the ad that the program still works the same, but I have been unable to upload or download my photoshows, so I don't know if that still operates. I received the error code and the show discontinues the upload, or it takes hours, and nothing seems to happen when I try to download an old show. I also had a help ticket that was closed by Roxio, even though they did not satisfactorily solve my issue. I wrote a new ticket, and I received notice that I should update the old ticket if the problem was not resolved, which I did, and it is still listed as "closed" and I never received any satisfaction. I have several other open tickets at Roxio, and no real hope of them being satisfactorily closed. Good luck. I have to say that when the program was operated by Simple Star, I always received prompt, personal, satisfactory technical support when it was needed.

It sounds like you have several questions.

1.) editing a show

Answer: You can edit a Show in the PhotoShow program and online. The online editing tool does not have as many features. If you have the program, it is recommended that you edit your Shows there. If you edit online you may spend some time uploading your photos one by one. This may be what you were referring too.

2.) You found an error in the PhotoShow program.

Answer: The error you refer to is quite specific and is not suited for this topic. Please contact support and add any information, errors or prompts you may have.

I receive the error code Number 201 when trying to upload a completed show, and the upload fails. Does the program still support uploading a completed show? Does it still support downloading the older shows? When I tried to download a show, it was taking hours, so I had to cancel the download. Thanks for any help.

Long time registered Photoshow Deluxe user. I haven't tried to burn a DVD with Photoshow recently, and I won't just to test this supposedly new Roxio policy. I will attempt to burn a Photoshow DVD again when I need one.

Hopefully it will still work as it always has. I have read through my license (SimpleStar EULA for PhotoShow Deluxe) and it makes no mention whatsoever of a limit to the number of DVDs that are permitted to be burned. The only requirement stated is that the user must have the Home "DVD add-on" and a DVD burner. No other restrictions are mentioned.

I have also scanned through the Roxio web site and can find no EULA that supersedes the SimpleStar agreement. If one is released that places restrictions on the software that did not exist at the time of my purchase, then I will request a full refund for the application.

:)

Jim

"Long time registered Photoshow Deluxe user. I haven't tried to burn a DVD with Photoshow recently, and I won't just to test this supposedly new Roxio policy. I will attempt to burn a Photoshow DVD again when I need one.

Hopefully it will still work as it always has. I have read through my license (SimpleStar EULA for PhotoShow Deluxe) and it makes no mention whatsoever of a limit to the number of DVDs that are permitted to be burned. The only requirement stated is that the user must have the Home "DVD add-on" and a DVD burner. No other restrictions are mentioned.

I have also scanned through the Roxio web site and can find no EULA that supersedes the SimpleStar agreement. If one is released that places restrictions on the software that did not exist at the time of my purchase, then I will request a full refund for the application.

:)

Jim"

Refer to the following post. That should address and provide clarity on your concerns.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=40645&hl=

Edited by firenhancer

@firenhancer:

Not sure why you think that provides any clarity. Just take a look at the first page of this forum; it is filled with users posting of various issues burning DVDs. Both Vista and XP. Also, someone posted about there being a limit to the number of DVDs that can be burned. Never was originally when I purchased my license. Nor was I ever told I would be required to go to their web site in order to create shows, export them, etc.

I notice now that as soon as I open Photoshow Deluxe 5 a "required update" tried to install. Oddly though, I have not received any explanation of exactly what that "update" is for, what it consists of. That's not right at all. I refused to download it, but it downloaded anyway. Now it is quarantined, as will all future "updates" that I am not made aware of.

Ignorant, to try to force such crap onto my machine!

Jim

Guess I should have noted the post # 13 where Davide de Roxio has provided reasoning on your questions... This (http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=40645&st=0&p=217522entry217522) should get to the response that I originally intended you to view

As far as update is concerned, I believe Photoshow has dynamic updates for issues but not real history on what the update is intended for. It would be helpful to include some info though :)

Edited by firenhancer

Please accept all updates. This will help a specific DVD burning issue.

There will be a knowledge base article in place shortly.

Sorry David, but - no. Not until I know what the update includes. Roxio has a long-standing habit of installing intrusive services on users' computers that run all the time, needlessly taking up both CPU and memory resources.

If you would be so kind as to list all of the changes contained in the update, I may reconsider. For example, does it install a new service in Windows? Any process that wants to run all the time in the background? Any "phone home" attributes? Anything that will attempt to open any ports on my computer?

Without knowing what it does, I will continue running Photoshow as is.

Thanks!

Jim

Guess I should have noted the post # 13 where Davide de Roxio has provided reasoning on your questions... This (http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=40645&st=0&p=217522entry217522) should get to the response that I originally intended you to view

As far as update is concerned, I believe Photoshow has dynamic updates for issues but not real history on what the update is intended for. It would be helpful to include some info though :)

fireenhancer,

Still doesn't answer any questions for me. What is it that you are trying to tell me with these links? About Vista issues? If so, what makes you think I am running Vista?

Should I point you to posts where similar issues are plaguing users running XP?

As for the update, see my reply above to David. I do not allow any stealth updates to install on my computers. I purchased the hardware and I will darned well know and approve what is installed on it. No updates without prior knowledge of its existence and exactly what it is - and why it is needed: For my benefit? Or the developer's benefit?

Anyone who blindly allows such updates is either not that tech-knowledgeable or doesn't care about the risk involved.

Thanks!

Jim

Edited by jcmcgowan

Roxio has a long-standing habit of installing intrusive services on users' computers that run all the time, needlessly taking up both CPU and memory resources.

I don't know to what services you are referring. I have no "intrusive services" that run all the time since they I have them all turned off.

I don't know to what services you are referring. I have no "intrusive services" that run all the time since they I have them all turned off.

I don't know if the Photoshow update has any - SimpleStar wasn't into those. That's what I want to know - because Roxio has a penchant for them. Easy Media Creator sure does! Do you have any other Roxio products installed? If so, and you have manually disabled services, then surely you saw them.

Jim

PhotoShow 5 has had several updates in the past. Our intent is to help fix problems and make your PhotoShow experience easier.

This is an update that ensures your License key is saved correctly. This is to resolve a conflict with Windows Vista.

If you install the program again from the store or from a link a support agent provides, you will receive this update.