Udfrchk.exe Error

atafadtw@aol.com

Question

Hello,

When I boot up my computer I get the following pop up message in a word pad document...

[autorun]

open = udfrchk.exe autorun

Unspecified Error [0X7]

I have winXp Pro and Easy Media 8.0 Deluxe. I tried to uninstall and reinstall Easy Media but I get the same message when I get to the windows screen after boot up... Anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to fix it? Thanks for any and all help.

Irv

3 answers to this question

Did you have an earlier version of a Sonic or Roxio program on your computer? It may be a left over from that that is still causing a problem.

If no one else has a better idea, you might want to do the full uninstall of all Roxio programs using Windows uninstaller and roxizap to get rid of all registry items. Be careful and read all the posts since there is a possibility that you drives burners might be lost. Look also for the posted fix for that problem.

Hello,

When I boot up my computer I get the following pop up message in a word pad document...

[autorun]

open = udfrchk.exe autorun

Unspecified Error [0X7]

I have winXp Pro and Easy Media 8.0 Deluxe. I tried to uninstall and reinstall Easy Media but I get the same message when I get to the windows screen after boot up... Anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to fix it? Thanks for any and all help.

Irv

Did you have an earlier version of a Sonic or Roxio program on your computer? It may be a left over from that that is still causing a problem.

If no one else has a better idea, you might want to do the full uninstall of all Roxio programs using Windows uninstaller and roxizap to get rid of all registry items. Be careful and read all the posts since there is a possibility that you drives burners might be lost. Look also for the posted fix for that problem.

As sknis has said, this error is with DirectCD older version and the file is a part of that, it belongs to the UDF system, or the udf reader component in DirectCD, as they dont make that any more (version 6 was the last one i think?) you sould if you still can, get any files off disks that you have formated with DirectCD and then try a full un-install of that product. then reboot and see if that corrects the issue.

Irv

As sknis has said, this error is with DirectCD older version and the file is a part of that, it belongs to the UDF system, or the udf reader component in DirectCD, as they dont make that any more (version 6 was the last one i think?) you sould if you still can, get any files off disks that you have formated with DirectCD and then try a full un-install of that product. then reboot and see if that corrects the issue.

Firstly I would like to thank you both VERY much for responding and helping.

Anyway, I tried doing the uninstall and ran the roxizap. Before I did that, I disabled Norton Net Security 2005 as well as Spy Sweeper 4.5.9 build 709. After I rebooted my Norton Net Sec. put up this message that said " LU 1803 Live Update has failed. Live Upd. had an internal error while trying to get info..." I tried to do a restore but I still get the same thing. I am going to try and reinstall Easy Media and see if that helps. BTW Here is more info. on my computer. Not sure if it matters or not, but here it is:

Sony Vaio PCV-RZ20CG

XP Pro 2002 SP2

Pentium® 4 CPU 3.06 GHz, 1.00 GB RAM

NViDIA GEForce4 Ti 4600

C(13.9GB), D(172 GB),& E(186 GB) drives Available

G Drive Sony DVD RW DRU-800A

H Drive MATHITA DVD-ROM SR-8588

On C drive I have the following Prog. files:

Acronis

Adobe

Cyberlink

DivX'

DocsandSettings

Drivers (DVC90 Security Catalog, DVD90-setup file,DVD90audion setup infor, DVD90 vid setup info)

DVDFab Platinum

Iolo

Works

Office 2003

Norton Net Security

ScreenBlast

Sonic BackupmyPC 6

Real Player

PC Friendly

Spybot Search and Destroy

Win media Player

Vaio Agent

Shield

Quicken

Pure Networks

Siber Systems

SIS Compatible VGA V2.09s

Symantec

SymNetDrv

WinZip

UNWISE

XEROX

Support.com

Sony

Viewpoint

WINDOWS

WindowsXP-KB893756-x86-ENU

AdbeRdr70_enu_full Netopsystems FEAD® 2.3 optimize

Outlook Express

Microsoft.NET

MoodLogic

MS ActiveSync

MS Frontpage

IE

Messenger

CCH

ComPlusApplications

Movie Maker

PictureIt

MS Games

D Drive

Click to DVD

Config.msi

DVD Decrypter

Emusic files

Giga Pocket

Giga Pocket V5

Office

moved applications

Prog files (AddonLog, Ahead,AOL9.0, Backup

Data,EMD,Tools, AppReg-SonyCorp,

CDBackup resource DLL (A bunch of CDdll's),JetComp,SetupDVDDecrypter,DVD43_3-6-2 Setup, XPAnel.dll,Click'N Design 3D(V5), iolo, Exceptional Design

Roboform

SonyUpdates

Spy Sweeper

temp (Bunch of setup folders incl RoxioEMCLDlXSuite8_R04)

UIData

UltraDVD

Webroot

Airoboform Installer

Creating DVDs Adobe Doc.

Data (QuickTime Extension)

Data.qel

data.qph

Data.qsd

Downladable Install wizare (HTML Doc)

driveCleanser6[2].0_s_en

Entrance Compiled HTML help file

PXEngine 358 Setup (Veritas)

Q3

readme text doc

adawareAlert setup

SSpsetup1_1805041480

Trueimage8[1].0_s_en (I have 9.0 actually installed)

unins000.dat

E drive

MSOCache(2)

Data Quicken QDF data file

Data (QT extension)

DATA.QEL

DATA.QPH

DATE.QSD

Q3 DIR File

Sorry for the long read. Just didn't know if it matters or not. Thanks again for any and all help. :)

Archived