• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Changing The Name Of A Button?

aleafb

Question

3 answers to this question

The name that appears when Toast burns the DVD or creates a disc image is whatever is next to the thumbnail in the video window. The number of lines of text that appear under the button (up to 3) depends on how many buttons are displayed on a menu page. The preview when you click on the menu layout doesn't show the text that will appear when the DVD or disc image is created. I suggest choosing Save as Disc Image and then select the disc image using the Image File setting in the Copy window to preview your DVD and its menu with DVD Player before burning your disc (from the disc image if it looks okay to you).

Thank you - but I cannot get the disc image to play using DVD player. Does this mean the disc will not work if I burn it?

I'm on a Power Mac Mac OS 10.5.4 and using an external Lacie burner.

The disc image must be mounted first to preview in DVD Player. When you choose it with the Image File setting in the Copy window it should automatically mount. (You also can control-click on the disc image in the Finder and choose Mount It from the contextual menu that appears). Launching DVD Player should automatically open the menu screen. If DVD Player is already open quit it and re-launch.

If DVD Player won't recognize or play the mounted disc image then I'd be hesitant to burn it to disc. What setting were you using in Toast when you chose Save as Disc Image?

Archived