• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast With Powermac G5 & Leopard

Skeyedoc

Question

After loading Leopard my iDVD is inoperative. It is possible to use Toast 9 to make a DVD out of a production created in iMovie? I am told my processor is too slow to upgrade to iLife 08. My processor speed is 1.8 and 1.9 is the specifications for iDVD in iLife 08.

4 answers to this question

Yes, Toast can make video DVDs from iMovie. Choose Movies with the Toast Media Browser to find your iMovie in the browser window. Then drag the titles you want to the Video window with Video files selected as the format. Design the menu the way you want and select the frame in the video you want as a thumbnail button. I suggest choosing Save as Disc Image. When that is done switch to the Copy window and select the disc image using the Image File setting. When it mounts you should be able to preview your "DVD" with DVD Player. If all is okay go ahead and burn the disc image from the Copy window to DVD. Otherwise go back to the video window to make changes.

Yes, Toast can make video DVDs from iMovie. Choose Movies with the Toast Media Browser to find your iMovie in the browser window. Then drag the titles you want to the Video window with Video files selected as the format. Design the menu the way you want and select the frame in the video you want as a thumbnail button. I suggest choosing Save as Disc Image. When that is done switch to the Copy window and select the disc image using the Image File setting. When it mounts you should be able to preview your "DVD" with DVD Player. If all is okay go ahead and burn the disc image from the Copy window to DVD. Otherwise go back to the video window to make changes.

Thanks for your help. Sounds like Toast may be the product I'm looking for. Nice Car! I owned a Jensen Healey (not Austin Healey) for almost 30 years. Austin Healeys were my first inspiration though for a sports car.

Skeyedoc

Thanks for your help. Sounds like Toast may be the product I'm looking for. Nice Car! I owned a Jensen Healey (not Austin Healey) for almost 30 years. Austin Healeys were my first inspiration though for a sports car.

Skeyedoc

There are a couple nice Jensen Healeys in the Oregon Healey Club. We've had our Healey 100-6 for 36 years. I'm wondering how you could let go of yours.

There are a couple nice Jensen Healeys in the Oregon Healey Club. We've had our Healey 100-6 for 36 years. I'm wondering how you could let go of yours.

Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away (when I was in school), a buddy had a big Healey and the engine had given out. Like a lot of people at the time, the cost was a problem and so he put a small block Chevy in it. It was one hot car!

:-)

Archived