• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Recover A Project

demac

Question

My XP pro OS had to be reloaded & reconfigured along with all apps..

I saved the project files, but DVDit pro HD now will not recognize them. It was a big project and the thought of having to redo all my work again is giving me heartburn.

Is there a solution to this crisis ?

Regards demac

2 answers to this question

are all of the same drives attached to your computer? are you installing the software to the same location?

Hi SS Scott

Thanks for your interest.

I've reproduced everthing the same as it was before. The Computer configuration is unchanged - 4 sata drives & 2 ide drives. I'm operating from the ide drive as the 'C' drive - XP pro sp2 , 3.0Ghz core2 duo cpu & 4GB ddr3 ram.

I've noticed previously that project files seem to have a fragile relationship with the DVDit Pro HD application, which I think needs addressing by the software engineers. Some vital information with regard to a project must be kept somewhere else (e.g. the registry), that might provide a weakness in the arrangement.

I've now reproduced my project (took 1 day and is destined for television), and have imaged the drive so as to ensure that I can recover this vital project in future.

I will now have to re-image the drive everytime I complete a project to maintain the status quo.

I'm persisting with DVDit, because it does produce a high quality error-free DVD, despite also possessing Adobe Encore.

regards Demac

Archived