Creator 10.1 De

John Walker

Question

I have a new copy of Creator 10 I bought for my desktop PC which I use all the time. I just bought a new Dell laptop with Creator 10.1 DE in the prebuilt software package. However, it does not seem to have the DVD/CD burning "Drag to Disk" capability. Does anyone know what the differences are between these two packages? Thanks. John

9 answers to this question

Thanks Bruce.I couldn't remember if you could install it in XP or not.I only have it installed in Vista.

Guess I need to break down and install it on my XP partition.

Thanks for the help. Just to clairfy, I purchased EMC 10 and have also EMC 9 that I bought last year (both working on my desktop with XP). I guess the drag and drop was part of EMC 9. However, my real question is do you think the EMC 10 DE that was part of the new Dell prebuilt machine (I just bought this week) has less features? I could go ahead and put my new copy of EMC 10 on my new laptop which is running Vista. I then would have two copies EMC 10 and EMC 10.1 DE??

John from Ventura, CA

Thanks for the help. Just to clairfy, I purchased EMC 10 and have also EMC 9 that I bought last year (both working on my desktop with XP). I guess the drag and drop was part of EMC 9. However, my real question is do you think the EMC 10 DE that was part of the new Dell prebuilt machine (I just bought this week) has less features? I could go ahead and put my new copy of EMC 10 on my new laptop which is running Vista. I then would have two copies EMC 10 and EMC 10.1 DE??

John from Ventura, CA

Do not install the purchased EMC 10, without uninstalling the DE version.

If you're installing it on Vista neither version should have Drag to Disc.That's a feature that was left off because of Vista's built in packet writing feature.

I'm not sure if you get it in XP with v10 or not.

Another reason it may not show up in DE is it's a cut down version and may not include that function.

Thanks Terry for your help! John

Do not install the purchased EMC 10, without uninstalling the DE version.

Thanks Bruce, I appreciate your help - John in Ventura, USMC 1966-68

If you're installing it on Vista neither version should have Drag to Disc.That's a feature that was left off because of Vista's built in packet writing feature.

I'm not sure if you get it in XP with v10 or not.

Another reason it may not show up in DE is it's a cut down version and may not include that function.

Archived