• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Found A Copy Of Easy Cd Creator 4 At A Thrift Store

I was looking around in a Thrift Store and found an old motherboard, but did not have any use for it. I went on and bought a

very old copy of Easy CD Creator 4 Deluxe, but when I installed it on the SR2010NX PC with Windows XP service pk 2 it said it has incompatibility issues with the software wish I could fix it, but had to uninstall it. And also it did not work right. I know soon I will have to wake up one day get CD Creator 10 anyways, but my order would cost up to $116.90 for the download. Probably its best that I go buy it from a Computer Software store for $99 anyways or on sale. Roxio is expensive! Easy Creator 4 was cheap about $2.00 With gas prices going up downloads are getting expensive too.

:unsure:

The earliest Version that can work with WinXP is ECDC 5.1 (not 5.0). It can be coaxed to run with WinXP SP1, and many have gotten it to work with SP2, but it is not guaranteed with SP2.

However, WinXP has the ability to burn CDs of data and music. What are you trying to do that you need a third-party burning program?

Also, you can pick up older Versions places like eBay - EMC 7, 7.5, 8, 9, and 10 work with WinXP.

Lynn

The earliest Version that can work with WinXP is ECDC 5.1 (not 5.0). It can be coaxed to run with WinXP SP1, and many have gotten it to work with SP2, but it is not guaranteed with SP2.

However, WinXP has the ability to burn CDs of data and music. What are you trying to do that you need a third-party burning program?

Also, you can pick up older Versions places like eBay - EMC 7, 7.5, 8, 9, and 10 work with WinXP.

Lynn

Well I thought it was going to be better since old versions work faster than new versions. Like something quick and easy to use since it would not take up alot of RAM, but it seems that XP wants fancy, expensive software with bugs along with it. Can you believe this it will cost me $116.90 just to get Easy CD Creator 10 just for a download. I am planning on going out anyways and get a boxed copy of 10 when its on sale. Why is Easy Creator 10 so darn expensive? Is it better than Nero 8 and Power2Go?

WinXP can do most of what ECDC 4 can do.

You have given no reason to need EMC 10, nor any reason one of the Versions that can run in WinXP - and which are much less expensive because they are old - won't work.

You have given no reason why you need the latest Version of other burning software.

The ECDC 5 board is the wrong place to discuss EMC 10.

Lynn

If you hunt round on Amazon or eBay you should be able to pick up a copy of ECD5 or 6 cheaply - 5.1 will work, provided it's installed after SP2 etc and Take Two is 'opted out' (but I think it won't install anyway)

Archived