• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc 10 Music Dvd Runtime Error Possible Cure

Cleanzit3906

Question

I have EMC 10 running on Windows XP. I had created a DVD music disc with over 400 songs on the project using Music Disc Creator. When I finally went to burn the project I received a Visual C++ Runtime Error and R6025 Pure Virtual Function Call Error. This error would occur in disc burn or out-put to hard drive. I contacted Roxio Support and their suggestions proved worthless as fix. Re-install of program failed to fix. I even went as far to re-format hard drive and clean install, still no fix. I created a whole stack of "coasters" trying to get this to work.

What I finally realized as difference between this project and other projects I was able to successfully burn was that in the error project I had used the sound editor function within the Music Disc Creator. If I inserted a un sound edited track before any of the sound edited tracks, the project would burn up until hitting and sound edited track and cause the runtime error. I then edited tracks outside of the Music Disc Creator using the stand alone Roxio Sound Editor, inserted them and those tracks burned without error. So if anyone else has run into this situation with sound edited tracks in a project, use the stand alone sound editor and then insert them in your project. I'm in the process of re-doing my project this way and have made burns along the way without issue. This is one suggestion fix you won't get from the "expert tech support" at Roxio.

1 answer to this question

I have EMC 10 running on Windows XP. I had created a DVD music disc with over 400 songs on the project using Music Disc Creator. When I finally went to burn the project I received a Visual C++ Runtime Error and R6025 Pure Virtual Function Call Error. This error would occur in disc burn or out-put to hard drive. I contacted Roxio Support and their suggestions proved worthless as fix. Re-install of program failed to fix. I even went as far to re-format hard drive and clean install, still no fix. I created a whole stack of "coasters" trying to get this to work.

What I finally realized as difference between this project and other projects I was able to successfully burn was that in the error project I had used the sound editor function within the Music Disc Creator. If I inserted a un sound edited track before any of the sound edited tracks, the project would burn up until hitting and sound edited track and cause the runtime error. I then edited tracks outside of the Music Disc Creator using the stand alone Roxio Sound Editor, inserted them and those tracks burned without error. So if anyone else has run into this situation with sound edited tracks in a project, use the stand alone sound editor and then insert them in your project. I'm in the process of re-doing my project this way and have made burns along the way without issue. This is one suggestion fix you won't get from the "expert tech support" at Roxio.

That's a good catch. Thanks for posting it here.

Archived